PDA

View Full Version : Things to do to pass the time

NorthLynx
11-07-2011, 01:42 PM
The weather is not ideal but it is definitely nice. Perfect for last minute paint touch up, caulking, yard work etc. The ground isn't frozen so now is the time to put
the driveway stakes while you can. I think I am going to take my truck to the carwash tomorrow, and spend a bit of extra time detailing it.

With temperatures forecasted to get up into the 60's you might as well enjoy them. The more we enjoy this warmer
weather the sooner it will go away. So go ahead make some plans that would be ruined by cold weather. Enjoy
this while it lasts. Winter will be here before we realize it.

noski
11-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Driveway stakes driven <check>
Garlic planted <check>
Screens off, windows washed <check>
Garage cleaned out and swept, ready for car <check>
Motorcycle stored <check>
Garden tractor tarped, battery removed <check>
Snow tires on the car <ooops. I should move this up the list>

It has indeed been a beautiful stretch of non-November-like weather. I promise I won't complain when it starts snowing. Promise.

Ski & Skate Sale is THIS weekend at Waitsfield School, as well as the Telluride Festival at Sugarbush.

gostan
11-07-2011, 05:19 PM
One of my golfing partners (who does not ski or ride) wants to take advantage of the 70 degree temps tomorrow or Wednesday here West of Boston to get one more round in this week......maybe I should find the time to lose a few more Titleist Pro V1's in the woods.

teleo
11-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Well last weekend was cleaning up the trees that came down during the Halloween snow since there was no snow at SB to ski in. How ironic is that?
hmm, Halloween snow storm, just made me remember about the holiday snow storms of 06-07(I think). Remember those... Valentines day, St Pattys day, was there a 3rd?

Thanks for the reminder about the snows noski. Although with temps near 70 near Boston tomorrow, hardly seems like I want to be driving on them yet.

shadyjay
11-07-2011, 09:04 PM
oh yes there was a third... Good Friday/Easter weekend

Since I already have my gear out of the closet and ready to go, guess there's not much else to do but wait.

But, to pass the time this week, I may just take a hike in the backyard up North Lynx and back, and a few days of hitting the gym. Yes, that's the ticket!

NorthLynx
11-08-2011, 07:02 AM
we are getting the house insulated on wednesday. You would have would have thought somebody would have bothered to do this at some point over the last 150 years.

Hawk
11-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Mountian Biking and home projects are the rule this fall. I haven't been on the road bike in a few weeks. Did the Wicked ride at Harold Parker State Forest last weekend. Cold start but it warmed up and was a very fun ride.

Brew Ski
11-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Buy a house.
Unpack boxes.
drink a beer.
Find ski stuff.
Bring ski stuff to Warren.
drink a beer
Gather hunting clothes
Hunt deer.
drink a beer to celebrate success or drown sorrow of another critterless hunt.
Try to insult Ullr so much that he throws a nasty Nor'easter at us to "teach us a lesson". (Involves several beers)
Drink beer.
Think about skiing Hawks lines.
Re-name a few tree lines. again, involves beer.
Think about a new trick to throw during the Castlerock extreme. Maybe test it out while jumping on the guest bed :-)
Waiting, waiting for snow...

gostan
11-08-2011, 04:26 PM
It was a beautiful day at Stow North (the golf course in MA-not the MT north of SB). Only lost one Titleist all day, although I only shot a 93 as my putting was atrocious due to lack of recent golf time. No doubt that my golf game and my skiing can use some work, but I keep at it.

I cleaned the basement last weekend, but plan to ride my mountain bike at Vietnam in Milford on Saturday or Sunday. Some of the technical terrain and jumps there will get me ready for the deep winter to come. I am doubling up on my P90X workouts before the ski season starts, so the warm weather should help my fitness.

Got the oil changed on the Hemi Jeep and need to replace the wiper blades and get the snows on soon.

And, I may hit the Ski Show this Friday at the World Trade Center as I will be in Boston for a meeting in the AM. Should be some SB folks to catch up with there.

Hawk
11-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Oh ya, the Boston Ski and Travel Show is this weekend. Me and Powderpuff are going on Thursday night! That also involves beer!

Brew Ski
11-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Oh ya, the Boston Ski and Travel Show is this weekend. Me and Powderpuff are going on Thursday night! That also involves beer!

Yup. C U there. Beer, bargains and 'Bushers. Nice.

NorthLynx
11-08-2011, 09:31 PM
there is plenty of time to fill up your hard drive downloading concerts from the grateful dead archives as well.

Hawk
11-09-2011, 08:36 AM
there is plenty of time to fill up your hard drive downloading concerts from the grateful dead archives as well.

I have waaayyyy to much of that already. My old IT guy was involved with Archive.org. I have about a Terabite of shows. More that I could ever listen to.

NorthLynx
11-09-2011, 10:09 AM
There are definitely a lot of live concerts from Further there as well. The guys who download this stuff in FLAC must have
about 10TB of it crammed into a raid array.

Hawk
11-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Way more than 10TB.

teleo
11-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Save your disk, just go to the CRP when Shawn is tending bar:>)