PDA

View Full Version : Text message alert system

HowieT2
10-21-2011, 08:15 AM
I'm sitting in a really boring seminar and so my mind is wandering.
Wouldn't it be great if we got text message alerts of important lift status. I get blast voice messages from the kids school. I would think blast text messages would be easy and cheap. Let us know if the super bravo is down on a mechanical or wind hold. It would improve traffic flow.
Also, if the cr pub is packed, send a text of fee of beer specials at the wonderbar to get people up there. Again improves traffic flow, and overall customer experience.

Hawk
10-21-2011, 11:19 AM
That's not a bad idea Howie.

vonski
10-21-2011, 12:55 PM
They could even text on Moose sightings! LMAO. Then you might get to see one Howie!. They could get that information easy to all passholders and quickly get a cell phone number from someone buying a ticket for the day. great way to market promotions as well all year long. Maybe only do it on weekends and holidays so i don't get texts while in the flatlands about the fresh 6 inches on Paradise. Include a basic snow report on weekend mornings!

HowieT2
10-21-2011, 02:07 PM
They could even text on Moose sightings! LMAO. Then you might get to see one Howie!. They could get that information easy to all passholders and quickly get a cell phone number from someone buying a ticket for the day. great way to market promotions as well all year long. Maybe only do it on weekends and holidays so i don't get texts while in the flatlands about the fresh 6 inches on Paradise. Include a basic snow report on weekend mornings!

Haha. I have a feeling this is going to be my year.

Brew Ski
10-21-2011, 02:51 PM
You should go to boring seminars more often Howie.
That is a great idea.

Whistler has giant stop lights that show red for congested areas or closed lifts, yellow for wind holds, and green for open lifts and uncongested areas. Works the same without having to take your phone of your warm pocket. Could place them at the top of each lift. Maybe one at each base lodge.

Or because the cost is high to install several lights with multiple status signs, just pay someone to send a list text message. No making fun for misspelling though.