PDA

View Full Version : For 20's Pass!!!!!

Hawk
08-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Holy crap!! This is going to put the party back into the Place! They anounced a $299 pass for anyone 19 to 29. They better extend the hours at the Castlerock!!!!

Good luck Shawn.

madhavok
08-22-2011, 02:58 PM
Apparently, at least to Sugarbush, once you hit 30 its not difficult to pay the mortgage, taxes, kids and the sport we love! Its obviously so much easier that we should pay over 4 times as much for a season pass just to subsidize the twenty somethings. Sign me up!

HowieT2
08-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Apparently, at least to Sugarbush, once you hit 30 its not difficult to pay the mortgage, taxes, kids and the sport we love! Its obviously so much easier that we should pay over 4 times as much for a season pass just to subsidize the twenty somethings. Sign me up!

I hear ya brother!

Tin Woodsman
08-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Can't please everyone I guess. Show me another major mountain with deep discounts for 30-somethings. Good luck with that.

From my view, it's a really smart move. Got to build that next generation while they're young and impressionable.

Also, I love the name of the pass. Very sneaky marketing to that age group.

Nick
08-22-2011, 07:59 PM
Damnit. I just turned 30 last November

VTFallLine
08-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Thankyou Sugarbush! For keeping me Better Here, on the East Coast, for another year! Now I can afford what I love, and water for my Cup'ONoodles!

win
08-23-2011, 06:38 AM
The ski industry has a long-term challenge. People in their twenties are not skiing as frequently as the Baby Boomer generation did. This Boomer poplulation bubble of 76 million people is unfortunately maturing and skiing less as they age. At Sugarbush we have very few passholders in their twenties, so we view this as an investment in our future to continue to be sustainable and thus make Sugarbush a better place for all as we continue to investment in improvement each year. It is an experiment, so we will see what happens but sales on the first day are encouraging.

HowieT2
08-23-2011, 07:12 AM
This is a great idea.
Other than word of mouth, is there any additional marketing going into this?

win
08-23-2011, 08:29 AM
We are mostly using social media for this demographic and hoping word of mouth will work as well.

madhavok
08-23-2011, 09:00 AM
I get the concept but it doesn't work for me and herein lies the problem.

Sugarbush is practically giving away season passes to twenty some things who are going to ski their asses off this winter. The reason they will ski a lot is because they have the time and but not the bills. The $299 season pass is super sweet and will get maximized use. I understand the fact Sugarbush believes this group is their future and the idea that if you throw them a bone now, they’ll return the favor later, but we’ll see.

Now take the rest of the customers, 30+ such as myself. Just for starts let me tell you I’m dying to buy a season pass at good price. However you could give me a season pass for free and I couldn’t ski half as much as when I was in my twenties. I have real expenses like a mortgage, property taxes and mouths to feed, not just a piddly car payment and rent. I suppose you can say it is difficult to afford the sport I love. However, sadly there is no deal for me and I won’t be buying a season pass for $1259 or $1569. I get alienated by the deal for twenty somethings and I’ll ski Sugarbush even less, which is really too bad because I’m responsible for a couple of future skiers and before you know it they’ll be ready for the slopes.

Good luck with the experiment.

HowieT2
08-23-2011, 09:11 AM
not for 'nothing, but some brochures/flyers for the ski shops might help. also, would love to see some SB presence at NYC ski movie events this year. I know you all go to the big Boston thing and NYC doesnt have anything like that, but sending someone down for a weekend with some shwag cant be that big of an investment.

Hawk
08-23-2011, 09:27 AM
I dont' get it Madhavok. Everytime there is a benefit that doesn't work for you you get all bent out of shape. Skiing is an expensive sport for a family. Most families that ski do it at cheaper hills or do what they have to do to make it work or cut down on the skiing. This is the nature of the beast. But the mountain does not owe it to eveybody to make it cheap. It is what it is and bitching about it is not going to change the reality. They have to make money somewhere to keep it a business. I pay my bill and thank them everyday they are open. For what I get, it is reasonalble and in line with other big resorts.

Sugarbush is gambling that this will grow future business. This is needed and I think a good idea.

summitchallenger
08-23-2011, 11:04 AM
I'm 31 and was a passholder at SB for a long time. I was a passholder in College, grad school, and did the 'College + 1' pass my last year. I've also bought adult passes after. I think that this is a good idea. Sure one way to look at it is that "full price folks are subsidizing it," but then again, we are all subsidizing (1) the free matching kid passes for any pass deal, and (2) any discounted day promos. The truth is that we passholders, who ski many days and end up only paying a fraction of the full window rate in the end, are being subsidized by the folks who show up on a holiday weekend and pay the full window price.

It is great that SB is so responsive and is willing to try it. I know that there are many other places that, (1) don't care about trying new things or being as responsive, and (2) prefer to remain distant from their customer base and do whatever they want. One only think about our neighbor to the south. I'd rather have SB trying to be proactive and listening to folks than ignoring us. How many ski area owners come onto an internet chat room to comment on it?

Tin Woodsman
08-23-2011, 11:24 AM
I dont' get it Madhavok. Everytime there is a benefit that doesn't work for you you get all bent out of shape. Skiing is an expensive sport for a family. Most families that ski do it at cheaper hills or do what they have to do to make it work or cut down on the skiing. This is the nature of the beast. But the mountain does not owe it to eveybody to make it cheap. It is what it is and bitching about it is not going to change the reality. They have to make money somewhere to keep it a business. I pay my bill and thank them everyday they are open. For what I get, it is reasonalble and in line with other big resorts.

Sugarbush is gambling that this will grow future business. This is needed and I think a good idea.

QFT.

If you can't afford a pass, as I can't, there are plentyof other means to satusfy your skiing jones at an affordable price. You can buy discount tickets through a ski club. You could always get a Mt. Ellen pass for short money. If that's not good enough for you, I wish you the best of luck in finding a more reasonable pricing structure at one of SB's main competitors. You simply won't find it, so your choice is to either ski at a cheaper family hill, find a way to work the system to make SB affordable for you, or to not ski at all.

Coming in here and complaining that there aren't enough discounts specifically applicable to your life situation is unlikely to result in any sort of positive outcome, and sort of makes you sound a wee bit entitled.

madhavok
08-23-2011, 11:59 AM
Hawk,

I apologize for not liking something that does nothing to improve my experience. As I already stated I understand the concept and the fact Sugarbush is a business. As such if the marketing geniuses say this will bring in future dollars go for it.

On the other hand I hope Sugarbush monitors both pros and cons of their new policy. Yes skiing is an expensive sport but don’t tell me it’s more expensive to for twenties than young families in thirties. But like you mentioned we have to make it work whether that’s cutting back, cheaper hills, touring or whatever and if my tots aren’t the future for Sugarbush so be it.

I have much on my plate, so I’m not going into this anymore than that. However I’d like to leave one suggestion:

Perhaps more is less. Simplify the season passes; get rid of the shenanigans of College, Graduate, Twenties, Ellen and Ellen Plus, Adult 5, etc. There should be a season pass and if you price it at the right value there is a huge customer base that’s been waiting to buy one. And not for nothing but I firmly maintain these people will spend more money without really spending additional hours riding the lift.

On Saturday I buy a ticket for $80 and I’m skiing 9:30 – 4:00, packing my own lunch, my own beer, my own dinner and not skiing Sunday. On iffy days I don’t even go to the mountain. However get a season pass in my hand and all of a sudden I only ski a half day, and I didn’t have to break open the wallet when I got here, so I buy lunch & a beer, maybe I take the family to dinner. And Sunday and that iffy day maybe I ski for a couple hours but I go to the mountain and that’s more opportunity to spend money. The experience grows as do my guests and word of mouth. All while the business got my money up front.

If you want to hit people up hard, we’ll ski hard, go home and sleep in. Maybe a study on skier behavior and spending is in order.
At any rate; this twenty something deal only makes me feel less valued and that’s not going to boost my spending at Sugarbush.

Tin,

I've already heared a few grumbles around the valley about eliminating certain discounts which i'm not going to discuss, so who know who knows what ski club discounts will be at this point but probably more $$. And its not about me getting a deal because of my situation, in fact there should be no deals just one season pass priced at the right value.

HowieT2
08-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Hawk,

I apologize for not liking something that does nothing to improve my experience. As I already stated I understand the concept and the fact Sugarbush is a business. As such if the marketing geniuses say this will bring in future dollars go for it.

On the other hand I hope Sugarbush monitors both pros and cons of their new policy. Yes skiing is an expensive sport but don’t tell me it’s more expensive to for twenties than young families in thirties. But like you mentioned we have to make it work whether that’s cutting back, cheaper hills, touring or whatever and if my tots aren’t the future for Sugarbush so be it.

I have much on my plate, so I’m not going into this anymore than that. However I’d like to leave one suggestion:

Perhaps more is less. Simplify the season passes; get rid of the shenanigans of College, Graduate, Twenties, Ellen and Ellen Plus, Adult 5, etc. There should be a season pass and if you price it at the right value there is a huge customer base that’s been waiting to buy one. And not for nothing but I firmly maintain these people will spend more money without really spending additional hours riding the lift.

On Saturday I buy a ticket for $80 and I’m skiing 9:30 – 4:00, packing my own lunch, my own beer, my own dinner and not skiing Sunday. On iffy days I don’t even go to the mountain. However get a season pass in my hand and all of a sudden I only ski a half day, and I didn’t have to break open the wallet when I got here, so I buy lunch & a beer, maybe I take the family to dinner. And Sunday and that iffy day maybe I ski for a couple hours but I go to the mountain and that’s more opportunity to spend money. The experience grows as do my guests and word of mouth. All while the business got my money up front.

If you want to hit people up hard, we’ll ski hard, go home and sleep in. Maybe a study on skier behavior and spending is in order.
At any rate; this twenty something deal only makes me feel less valued and that’s not going to boost my spending at Sugarbush.

Tin,

I've already heared a few grumbles around the valley about eliminating certain discounts which i'm not going to discuss, so who know who knows what ski club discounts will be at this point but probably more $$. And its not about me getting a deal because of my situation, in fact there should be no deals just one season pass priced at the right value.

I have no idea how they determine the pricing/discounts for passes/day tickets and what not, but I would have hard time believing, its anything other than an attempt to maximize total revenue throughout the resort and provide cash flow. and it's not like ski resorts are the only ones doing the same thing. hotels, amusement parks, movies, sporting events, all do the same thing. there must be a reason behind it other than to screw the madhavok.

NorthLynx
08-23-2011, 02:39 PM
I am a resident of the valley and member of this "age group", and of course I am pretty excited about this offer. I had just about made the decision NOT to ski this upcoming season due to the combined cost of a pass, and the need to replace aging gear. I likely will buy a pass as a result of this deal, and every dollar saved will go a long way when it comes time to buy new boots this fall.

In the past I bought the midweek all mountain pass, but I have been lucky to be able to ski during the week, which simply is not the case for many. I have however had to turn down invitations
to ski with friends on the weekends.

I am sure people will gripe about this and I really don't care. At a certain point the resort has no choice but to charge commercial rates that are in line with the rest of the industry. That is the cost of doing business. They have obviously realized that people in this age group are not buying passes for an obvious reason and they have done something about it. As a business owner a
great deal of thought, and consideration is put into decisions on pricing, especially when those decisions have the potential to make, or break the bank.

This offer will certainly attract younger people to the mountain, as well as the valley. It will also be nice seeing friends who grew up around the mountain have to opportunity to get out and do something they love more often.

Previously the options have been to get a midweek pass, work for the mountain, or get a discounted pass from an employer if your able. The college pass has always been available, however many
students who live and work in the valley do not go to school full time, and often they have chosen alternative forms of education which are not eligible.

jwt
08-23-2011, 03:46 PM
Mad,
Probably out of the question here, but setting aside for the minute the 20;s deal, if you got in early at $950 (prior to May 4th I think) and your kids are under 7, if you ski 25 days that's $38 per day for the three ( assuming two kids under 7) - where else can you as a family get 4-7 or even 8 hours in of vertical, healthy fun for the family?

Even 15 days is 'only' $63 p/d - try Disney or Water World and it'll be 2x that. The Bush does family favors by giving season passes to little ones and heavily discounted ones to older kids of season pass holders. It IS tight for almost everyone - heck I climb and camp on summits ( free!) in summer so I can do this all winter.

I remember being where you are and it really is frustrating. Think most understand it isn't easy, cheap, but what other sport can you do with the whole family for under a $100 a day? Equipment - swaps, lunch? Bag it, but for a major resort in the East, this place has always bent over to get families to ski here - even before the Married One came to town. If you live far away, join a house - doesn't get any cheaper than that. Either way, appreciate your passion for wanting to get the family out there for less. We aren't skiing Wal-Mart though. They have to cater to those who have the means as well, or it becomes K-Mart for $350 - and we all know what happened after that deal.

win
08-23-2011, 04:02 PM
We are also going to be a sponsor of Warren Miller this year, so we will be in many of your neighborhoods too much longer.

southvillager
08-23-2011, 05:16 PM
It seems like it will be a popular offer, and will bring a lot of young people to Sugarbush. It is a great deal, plain and simple. I would have bought one, and told all my friends, but I am too old. I have been coming here since my 20's, so I think there is merit in aiming at that age group to build a future customer base.

I just reviewed the options for season passes, and the list is long. Youth, college, recent college, and now 420. I would think that it would be simpler to just have one category, and price it at $329 (or whatever) for early purchase. The anomaly is that a 7 year old pays more for a pass than a 27 year old. But I guess the 27 year old makes up for it by spending cash on beer at the pub!

Regardless, I am glad that Sugarbush is trying to bring in new blood. Now if they just re-open Gallagher's...

Nick
08-23-2011, 05:47 PM
The ski industry has a long-term challenge. People in their twenties are not skiing as frequently as the Baby Boomer generation did. This Boomer poplulation bubble of 76 million people is unfortunately maturing and skiing less as they age. At Sugarbush we have very few passholders in their twenties, so we view this as an investment in our future to continue to be sustainable and thus make Sugarbush a better place for all as we continue to investment in improvement each year. It is an experiment, so we will see what happens but sales on the first day are encouraging.

Win,

I think you have this right. When I was in college from 1999 - 2003, I was skiing almost every single weekend, because I could buy a college price season pass for $250.

When I graduated, the pass prices bumped up to something like 700 - 1000$, depending on where you go and if you can pick restrictions (like blackout dates). Starting my first job out of college, there was no way I could swing that cost. As a result, for about five years I ended up skiing 3 - 5 times per year vs. the 15 - 20 I would have done previously. I think this is an awesome program, I just wish I was still 29 so I could participate!

Good luck.

gostan
08-23-2011, 07:50 PM
Now, how about a For 60's Pass......because by the time this 62.5 year old turns 70 the age on that discounted pass will beincreased to 80. Why, I cannot even remember 20-29. By the way, I thought I read that the fine print on the For 20's Season Pass specifically excludes Slidebrook. Right On!

klop
08-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Simplify the season passes; get rid of the shenanigans of College, Graduate, Twenties, Ellen and Ellen Plus, Adult 5, etc. There should be a season pass and if you price it at the right value there is a huge customer base that’s been waiting to buy one.

Agree! I'm sure someone has done the numbers and figures the high price is worth it. I still feel a more reasonable pass for everyone would get more people on the mountain. I'ts hard to believe an eastern resort is so much more expensive to run. Sugarbush 7 day adult pass=$1569. Epic pass, unlimited at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Heavenly, Northstar and A Basin= $649.

HowieT2
08-23-2011, 09:12 PM
We are also going to be a sponsor of Warren Miller this year, so we will be in many of your neighborhoods too much longer.

Awesome! My ski crew has gotten together for the last few years at the wm show at sympathy hall on 95th street to get the kids pumped for the season (and it's not a bad excuse to go for dinner beforehand). It's a good time, kids love it. Definitely a good place to get the word out to some interested listeners. Not much competition. Gore, jiminy peak have a table but that's usually it.
Was actually thinking of going to tgr but that's usually on a weeknight which doesn't work with the kids.

gostan
08-24-2011, 04:35 AM
Agree! I'm sure someone has done the numbers and figures the high price is worth it. I still feel a more reasonable pass for everyone would get more people on the mountain. I'ts hard to believe an eastern resort is so much more expensive to run. Sugarbush 7 day adult pass=$1569. Epic pass, unlimited at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Heavenly, Northstar and A Basin= $649.Remember, September 14th is just around the corner........I doubt that anybody posting on this board waits to purchase a full priced $1569 season pass. Yes, a $1049 pass purchased last May is an "ouch"; a $1259 September pass is a "double ouch" , & a $1569 pass is "priceless"!!

I would also like a lower one price for all seasons pass, but when I was cleaning out some boxes in the storage room last weekend, I came across some $399 priced ASC 6 NE Resorts season passes. Maybe there is some mid-ground as far as SB pass prices are concerned, but, i have little doubt that a trip back to pricing of yore will change the experience that brought me back to SB last winter.

Hawk
08-24-2011, 06:53 AM
Fair enough Mad. I understand the dilema. I have to say this. Mountains basically do not decrease the season pass prices that much because it never pays off. Season pass holders are not typically big money spenders at the mountain. Statistically they are the cheapest. They bring all there own stuff to eat and drink, they own their own equipment and usually never take lessons. The grand majority of money earned is from day trippers and vacationing families that spend all kinds of money with rentals, lessons, food and drinks. That being said, where is the incentive to lower the pass price when typically it never really pans out as a major cash advantage? I hope it works out for you.

The reason this stuct a nerve is that I just had a conversation this summer with someone who was complaining about the Bush's pass prices. During the conversation I learned that this person was puting 3 kids through private school, two of the kids we getting private lessons for Tennis, they were planning a famiily trip to some National parks and the kids were currently away at summer camp. I shook my head and said, "....and you have a problem paying for season passes" ;-)

Brew Ski
08-24-2011, 08:15 AM
This place livened up quick! Wow.

So If I ski like a 20 something, and I spend time and money in the pub like a twenty something, and log more than 20 something days on the hill but am twice as old as a 20 something, can I still buy the For20s season pass?

It's one heck of a deal.

Um, do you think this means it will take longer to get a beer in the pub?

klop
08-24-2011, 10:00 AM
I've been a Sugarbush passholder for many years and I bought my pass (Mt Ellen) in March so I'm good. I love the place and accept skiing is expensive. Still, one would think a more reasonable pass means more butts on the lifts, more sandwiches sold, more rooms booked. I'll be there regardless.

teleo
08-24-2011, 07:48 PM
If nothing else this is definitely piquing the interest of the 20 somethings who ski. I forwarded the email I got to my niece who visits me every year and the response was to the tune of - "woah, that is a good deal. passes are usually like $500. You might see me more this winter." When she visits, she brings a couple friends, they tend to take a couple weekdays off to ski, and watch my daughter on Sat so my wife and I can go out for a good dinner. Certainly a win-win for the mountain and the valley.

Then I told one of the guys I work with who often skis at a place a little south of SB that resembles a borough of NY from Jan->March. He checked it out and was like, I wonder if I can get the crew to rent a place at SB for the season.

Don't know if either will do it, but it definitly makes the ones who ski take notice. I know, I should stop making the mountain more crowded.

Do I get a referral on a corporate pass for for20's passes? The mountain might end up paying me to ski;>) I didn't think so:>(

(hey - how do we put smiley icon's in messages in this new software?)

skibum1321
08-25-2011, 01:11 PM
I've been a Sugarbush passholder for many years and I bought my pass (Mt Ellen) in March so I'm good. I love the place and accept skiing is expensive. Still, one would think a more reasonable pass means more butts on the lifts, more sandwiches sold, more rooms booked. I'll be there regardless.
Yeah, but putting a bunch of cheap butts on the lift doesn't necessarily pay off. It makes for more crowds that aren't spending the incremental money like the daytrippers and it annoys everyone because the lift lines are twice as long. They also aren't booking rooms because typically they live close enough to drive or are in a seasonal rental. We don't want this place to turn into K-Mart.

Also, the East is way more expensive to run a resort than the west for 1 reason - snowmaking.

I for one am pumped for this deal, since I'm 28, but I'm in the minority for this group that had already bought my All Mtn 7 pass.

djd66
08-25-2011, 03:15 PM
I can not blame Sugarbush for wanting to try something to drum up new business and attract a younger crowd. Given the price point, I would expect to see a lot of new faces around Sugarbush,... its an awesome deal! My only concern is - I just don't want to see Sugarbush turn into Kmart North. Part of the reason I came from KMart 12 years ago is b/c Sugarbush is such a great place for families to ski. I pay full price for 2 passes + 2 full time blazers (and drop plenty of other cash at the mountain) I don't have an issue with what I am paying - infact its the best $4K+ I spend on my family. I just don't want the vibe of the mountain to become the "mad house" that Killington was when I skied there.

Hawk
08-26-2011, 07:43 AM
We will never become Killingotn. We do not have the night life. Plain and simple.
But I can personnaly see what they are doing. The reason why I ended up here at Sugarbush is because of the cheap pass prices from ASC and the High school ski trips I did in the 80's. They got me hooked.

rfm
08-26-2011, 07:56 AM
The 420 pass is a fine idea and I understand the need to attract the new skiers to the mountain. I would like to mention however that the 7-18 pass is more expensive than the 19-29 pass. Im not sure why the mountain would think that a 7-18 year old can afford to pay a higher rate? ;-)

But in all seriousness tghe mulitude of pricing options on the Sugarbush page, while offering a many different options could be whittled down a bit. In the majority of cases I would think a recent college grad would be in their twenties and that eliminates the need for a "Recent College Grad Rate", which is slightly higher that the 420 rate. Also most college students will be over 19 and qualitfy for the 420 rate.
I just think from a business standpoint sometimes less pricing options are better. I would think it would make sens to do away with the overlap. JMHO

vonski
08-26-2011, 09:55 PM
So, is ski patrol going to do their final sweep after 4:20 on the upper mountain so all the 420ers chilling in the woods can be accounted for! great deal but i am too old, but I think they should bring the junior passes in line with the 420 pass as my son is now 13. Unfortunately, for me, I had to relocate for a job this year to Uniontown PA. and my big resort is now 7 springs with a grand total of 750 ft. verticle with 2 six pack quads and more lodging at the base than I could have ever imagined. I am actually only .5 mile to Nemacolin resort which has 300 ft. verticle and fire pit that dwarfs the bushes pit. Gonna miss the place this winter, but plan to make at least one trip up after the big noreaster that hits. hopefully Irene wont wash the mountain out.

TRWstock
08-27-2011, 11:04 PM
We will never become Killingotn. We do not have the night life. Plain and simple.
But I can personnaly see what they are doing. The reason why I ended up here at Sugarbush is because of the cheap pass prices from ASC and the High school ski trips I did in the 80's. They got me hooked.

Never say never.. :-) However, I do think that it is up to all of us in the Sugarbush community to maintain the integrity of the place and ensure it doesn't turn into the circus that K-mart became. I am confident that the spirit of the mad river valley will keep the crowd mature and respectful. That said, a little spice to the night life couldn't hurt a bit. Been a while since I have seen the Smokehouse packed on a sat. night.

teletubby
09-13-2011, 07:31 AM
I suspect there will be a ton more Four20 on the mountain now? Keeping the Green Mountains green ...

Last Tracks
09-15-2011, 11:03 AM
I think the 420 pass is a good idea.. A friend in marketing at another very nice northern VT resort said they were suprised by the move and are "worried" about it.. so well played there...

I have bought through a group for the last 5 years and the pass has caused havoc with our group.. We had several 20 year olds that used our group in the past and this year they went ahead and purchased their passes independently and not go through our group.

Sugarbush did allow 420's to be included after other groups raised this issue but there are extra steps to go through a group and a lot of the 20's just went online and bought their passes directly from the mountain... So our group, which has never had a problem getting enough people, has struggled.

So here is a group of loyal, long term sugarbush skiers who buy 30-40 passes a year(spread over their families) and if we dont meet our group rate, most will either go to Bolton or Mad River or Mt. Ellen because they are teachers and the money just isn't there...

I just want sugarbush to understand this dynamic and keep it in mind when processing groups this year...

I also think the group application process could be improved.. Group Coordinators no longer get discounts for their considerable effort in putting the groups together. If my wife and I did not coordinate the group then it would fall apart and sugarbush would loose these sales. I think you should either consider incentivising the coordinator in some way or make the process easier (less forms, more online, more self directed) to implement so the it would not be as demanding on the coordinator..

Thanks!

ScoobySnack
09-16-2011, 08:06 AM
In regards to previous post by Last Tracks -- this may be a naive question, but how would I go about finding/joining a group such as this one? Thanks.

Last Tracks
09-16-2011, 08:43 AM
here you go... http://www.sugarbush.com/vermont-skiing-snowboarding/season-passes#corp

It is set up for large organization but small business in VT often go through their local chamber of Commerce, an example is the Champlain Valley Chamber which a lot of small businesses in BTV use..

http://www.vermont.org/chamber/activitydiscounts.aspx

HowieT2
09-16-2011, 09:11 AM
How much are the discounts?
I have a friend at another mtn who just formed a ski club to take advantage of the reduced rates. wondering if this is something to consider?

ScoobySnack
09-16-2011, 09:52 AM
Thanks, Last Tracks. Sounds like these would be pretty specific and I wouldn't know how to find one that might be relevant for me to be a part of in my area (boston area). I'll keep my eye out though.

Does anyone have any info about joining a club that allows buying a number of day passes in advance of the season (or during even)?

Thanks again.

icedtea
10-09-2011, 03:43 PM
I grabbed one of these passes on top of a Kmart blackout, because how good a deal it is. I am 28 and besides not having children I am pretty sure I have the same amount of bills as someone in their 30s.

Pretty stoked to explore Sugarbush.

HowieT2
10-09-2011, 07:31 PM
I grabbed one of these passes on top of a Kmart blackout, because how good a deal it is. I am 28 and besides not having children I am pretty sure I have the same amount of bills as someone in their 30s.

Welcome to the board

Nick
10-12-2011, 05:36 AM

+ 1 on the welcome!

othripper
10-26-2011, 01:08 PM
I have been thinking about this a lot, and my final thoughts on this subject is that anything that brings more young women to Sugarbush is just fine with me. In fact it is more than fine. I can see it now, the new marketing slogan: Sugarbush, Cougar and Bald Eagle Capital of the East! Come on down! We've got your prey!

I think it's better than the silly one about sometimes 3 being too many.

HowieT2
10-26-2011, 02:45 PM
I have been thinking about this a lot, and my final thoughts on this subject is that anything that brings more young women to Sugarbush is just fine with me. In fact it is more than fine. I can see it now, the new marketing slogan: Sugarbush, Cougar and Bald Eagle Capital of the East! Come on down! We've got your prey!

I think it's better than the silly one about sometimes 3 being too many.

now you're thinking. throw in free shots with the 420's womans pass and there may be whole new generation of SB skiers on the way.

win
10-27-2011, 07:03 PM
Buy a Season Pass or a ME Ellen-7 or a SugarDirect pass and there are some very nice diiscounts. You have to look at all the details. For those who purchase a ful; price season pass there are a number of advanatages. For those that just chose to buy a day ticket there are not. However, you can also buy a day ticket in advance (no refunds) on line and also get a discounted price.