PDA

View Full Version : Powder Magazine In My Mail Box!

gostan
08-13-2011, 07:01 AM
When I came home yesterday after 18 holes on such a beautiful & glorious summer day, I found this ski season's first issue of Powder Magazine (Buyer's Guide) in my mail box. I think that I will head back out to the golf course in a few minutes, and then see what else shows up in my mail box this afternoon. Probably nothing as exciting as yesterday.

The initial issue of Powder in August is always a sign that the snow flakes are not too far off in the distance. Enjoy the waning days of summer MRVer's.......See you all soon.

Nick
08-14-2011, 01:29 AM
When I came home yesterday after 18 holes on such a beautiful & glorious summer day, I found this ski season's first issue of Powder Magazine (Buyer's Guide) in my mail box. I think that I will head back out to the golf course in a few minutes, and then see what else shows up in my mail box this afternoon. Probably nothing as exciting as yesterday.

The initial issue of Powder in August is always a sign that the snow flakes are not too far off in the distance. Enjoy the waning days of summer MRVer's.......See you all soon.

Yup, I can almost feel it in the air :) C'mon, snow!

I've actually never been to MRG yet, I'm hoping this will be the year I get up there and ride that infamous single chair.

gostan
08-14-2011, 06:39 AM
I now receive Time Magazine delivered directly to my IPad. But, there is really nothing like the feel and thrill of the beauty of the large format in your hands Powder Mag. I like the Hard Goods catalog section with ski, binding and boots descriptions and pics laid out by manufacturer. The skier on the snow reviews are completely useless, especially for Sugarbush or MRG skiers. Interesting blurb from a Sept. 1976 Powder Mag article entitled "This Is Not A Ski Test" about powder skis. It really made me chuckle and think about knee deep stuff on an overcast rainy humid August Sunday in Boston. And, with tax free weekend and early season deals, I opted to pick up some new Blizzard Bonafide's yesterday, so I am getting prepared for the 2012 season.......just gotta keep working out and eventually the flakes will come.