PDA

View Full Version : Vbulletin 4.x

Nick
08-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Hey everyone

I'm working on testing out Vbulletin 4.x.

Give me another 30 minutes, then you can test it out. Go to http://www.skimrv.com/testforum - you shoudl be able to log in with your existing ID.

Yard Sale
08-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Just tried to log on to the test forum. First, it thanked me for logging in. Then it said I was banned for "unspecified reason" and that the ban was scheduled to be lifted: "Never".

I'm not sure I like the sound of this.

Nick
08-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Just tried to log on to the test forum. First, it thanked me for logging in. Then it said I was banned for "unspecified reason" and that the ban was scheduled to be lifted: "Never".

Haha, I'll have to look into that. I heard from 2 others that the same thing happened. I can log in fine, which is wierd. This will probably take a few weeks to get everything ironed out and cut over, please bear with me!

Nick
08-02-2011, 02:00 PM

Hmm it's not showing up ont eh banned user list. Ithink I have an issue with forum permissions.

I changed some permissions - can you try again?

Yard Sale
08-02-2011, 02:11 PM
I just retried again with same result.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vBulletin Message
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
.Contact UsArchiveTop
.All times are GMT. The time now is 07:07 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.5
Copyright © 2011 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

Nick
08-02-2011, 02:29 PM
I just retried again with same result.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vBulletin Message
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
.Contact UsArchiveTop
.All times are GMT. The time now is 07:07 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.5
Copyright © 2011 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.

Wierd, there is no one in the banned list.

Alright. Gonna keep messing around with it. Stay tuned :)

Nick
08-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Whatever I did resulted in this issue:

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php/196997-Imported-from-PHPBB2-All-Users-Banned!!

I fixed it. All the imported users automatically were in a default usergroup I had to delete.

HowieT2
08-02-2011, 02:57 PM

troublemaker :shock:

HowieT2
08-02-2011, 03:05 PM
is Alpinezone being ported over also?
I clicked on the link in the new skimrv and it was empty.

Nick
08-02-2011, 03:11 PM
is Alpinezone being ported over also?
I clicked on the link in the new skimrv and it was empty.

No plans to do AZ right now, primarily because there is so much customization already there I'm terrified of breaking. I'm moving SkiADK and SkiMRV over.

Which link, the one to AZ? Those are busted right now, have to look at those soon.

Yard Sale
08-02-2011, 08:28 PM

troublemaker :shock:

It was only a matter of time. :D Took longer than I thought tho.

gostan
08-03-2011, 04:30 AM
Nick
Great progress....I like the Promote To Article feature.

Nick
08-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Nick

Getting closer to getting it done, but still some remaining issues.!

Nick
08-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Nick

Getting closer to getting it done, but still some remaining issues.!

Test

Nick
08-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Testing forum

noski
08-08-2011, 01:37 PM
I can tell your eyes are under 40 years old with this 7 point font.;-)

Nick
08-08-2011, 03:07 PM
I'm new to Vbulletin 4 myself, I'll see if I can find some default sizes or a way to change them :)

Thanks Susan!

gostan
08-09-2011, 01:09 PM
Nick:
Looks like some more work to do with Avatars and Signatures bugs. When I go into Edit Avatar in Settings, it will not allow me to modify the Button "No Avatar".
Stan

Nick
08-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Interesting, I was able to update my Avatar. I'll take a look into that. It looks like your signature is there, though?

I did get post icons working, just about an hour ago.

I'm also working on the SkiADK site right now. Thanks for the update!

gostan
08-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Signature is fine. I will try to change avatar from my Mac at home as IE on my work PC has been acting a bit funky.

noski
08-10-2011, 07:59 AM
This thread should really be in Site Feedback section, fwiw. Like gostan, I cannot uncheck the radio button to edit my avatar. I use Firefox/PC.

Nick
08-10-2011, 08:07 AM
Your correct Susan, I'm moving it over now. I had it here just while testing it out.

Thanks for the feedback, let me take a look into the radio button issue - thanks!

Edit: Congrats on 1000 posts!

Nick
08-10-2011, 08:57 AM
I had a permission set wrong. You should be able to upload avatars now! Please try again.

Nick
08-10-2011, 09:01 AM
I can tell your eyes are under 40 years old with this 7 point font.

I also updated the Font default size from 11 to 12. Let me know if this is better!

gostan
08-10-2011, 06:42 PM
I had a permission set wrong. You should be able to upload avatars now! Please try again.I have to check to see if it is working now. Yes, my rotating snowflake is rotating away. Thx Nick.

Nick
08-10-2011, 06:50 PM
I have to check to see if it is working now. Yes, my rotating snowflake is rotating away. Thx Nick.

Sweet :)