PDA

View Full Version : Re: July 4th

HowieT2
06-30-2011, 02:47 PM
So what's the plan? I hear there is some small parade but everyone knows how lame those things are. :shock:
wish it was going to be as warm as last year.

How's the water level on the mad river? Might do some kayaking and/or tubing.

Hawk
07-01-2011, 06:34 AM
Hey Howie, Forecast for the valley shows Warm in the 80's with possible T-Storms. Also the Mad River is as high as it gets for this time of year. They have had an absurd amount of rain this spring and early summer. My friends that mountain bike are sick of the mud.

How’s the rehab going? Is the knee responding well?

HowieT2
07-01-2011, 06:48 AM
Hey Howie, Forecast for the valley shows Warm in the 80's with possible T-Storms. Also the Mad River is as high as it gets for this time of year. They have had an absurd amount of rain this spring and early summer. My friends that mountain bike are sick of the mud.

all is well. got my brace this week and going to doctor this morning expecting clearance to resume full activities. ive been road biking already. so far this has been nothing but a thing. im pretty pumped to get out onto the trails.

you up for the holiday?

80's is fine, no complaints. but i like my july 4th like my women, hot hot hot. sweatin and swimming.

noski
07-01-2011, 07:04 AM
You're killin' me heah. Monday, sunny around 80. Chamber of Commerce weather, I'd say. Here is a link to my newsletter of yesterday that has a full timeline of weekend events and helpful links. If you see me Monday, say HEY! By the way, Fly By at 10:10am. Updates at Facebook/Warren4thofJuly
http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=19b313da41528306e79a479d6&id=6b1c6d79f7

Hawk
07-01-2011, 08:45 AM

all is well. got my brace this week and going to doctor this morning expecting clearance to resume full activities. ive been road biking already. so far this has been nothing but a thing. im pretty pumped to get out onto the trails.

you up for the holiday?

80's is fine, no complaints. but i like my july 4th like my women, hot hot hot. sweatin and swimming.
I will not be up. I always do my home town on the 4th with my family. It's a long standing tradition and the party in my town is out of control. I should be up in a couple of weeks and may go up a few days when Ben & Jen are up.

HowieT2
07-01-2011, 11:33 AM

you up for the holiday?

I will not be up. I always do my home town on the 4th with my family. It's a long standing tradition and the party in my town is out of control. I should be up in a couple of weeks and may go up a few days when Ben & Jen are up.

watch out for Ben. he's a wild and crazy guy.
funny thing is, when they were Kton people, Ben refused, adamantly, to go to VT in the summer. guess it is better up there.

Hawk
07-01-2011, 03:33 PM
The kids are in the week long MTB camp with Mr. Atkinson . I guess kids change all kinds of things. :wink:

noski
07-04-2011, 04:47 PM
It was a great day, and I am whipped. Sunny, warm, and everyone was so respectful and the vibe was contagious. A great day overall.

HowieT2
07-05-2011, 09:09 PM
The kids are in the week long MTB camp with Mr. Atkinson . I guess kids change all kinds of things. :wink:

My daughter started that today. Loved it.

Noski- nice job on the weather. Perfect. Got the double flyover, too. As for the floats, well, ya had to be there.

noski
07-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Thanks, Howie. For those who want to see a 7 hour video, crunched down into 20 minutes find it at Facebook.com/Warren4thofjuly

Indeed the weather was classic chamber of commerce! The double flyover was the most awesome part of my day.

Hawk
07-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Howie! Just got back from Moosehead Lake. I now know where you should go so see those elusive little critters. You should go. :wink:

HowieT2
07-11-2011, 06:36 AM
Howie! Just got back from Moosehead Lake. I now know where you should go so see those elusive little critters. You should go. :wink:

Funny, my daughter saw one near jester while she was mtn biking with captain Atkinson on Friday. Of course, the wife and I were taking a walk up sleeper and to castlerock at the same time, and didn't see anything.

Great week in the valley. Back to the grind.