PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Biking this Summer

Hawk
06-08-2011, 12:37 PM
So anything new this summer for Mountain Biking trails or maintenence? Been spoiled that last couple of years. Come on John whats the scoop?

ski_resort_observer
06-08-2011, 03:41 PM
One new thing is the Bike Shop and the Gear Shop are both moving into the Farmhouse. Alot more room for guests and staff to work with. We are hoping to be open for the Brewfest although the lift will not be spinning until Fri, the 24th or 25th. Anothe new thing is we will be spinning the Gatehouse lift as a dedicated wedding lift to eliminate clashes between the weddings and the other summer activities.

vonski
06-11-2011, 09:17 AM
One new thing is the Bike Shop and the Gear Shop are both moving into the Farmhouse. Alot more room for guests and staff to work with. We are hoping to be open for the Brewfest although the lift will not be spinning until Fri, the 24th or 25th. Anothe new thing is we will be spinning the Gatehouse lift as a dedicated wedding lift to eliminate clashes between the weddings and the other summer activities.

That may be a good thing logistically, but I certainly would want to take Bravo if I was getting married there. I hope they told the brides and grooms this before they booked. I would be pissed to be switched. But like I said makes sense logistically, I would think better view from top of Bravo! But with foliage it may not have as many clear site lines!}????

Hawk
06-17-2011, 01:44 PM

That may be a good thing logistically, but I certainly would want to take Bravo if I was getting married there. I hope they told the brides and grooms this before they booked. I would be pissed to be switched. But like I said makes sense logistically, I would think better view from top of Bravo! But with foliage it may not have as many clear site lines!}????

MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!!! The thead is about Mountain biking. Who givse a F>>>>> about weddings. JK :wink:

vonski
06-17-2011, 10:43 PM

MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!!! The thead is about Mountain biking. Who givse a F>>>>> about weddings. JK :wink:

I do my fiance wants to get married and I manage them for a club in CT. and I likely to kill my self on a mountain bike so I know more about weddings thant mountain bikes. and being bored like know. LMAO.

Hawk
06-18-2011, 08:19 AM

I do my fiance wants to get married and I manage them for a club in CT. and I likely to kill my self on a mountain bike so I know more about weddings thant mountain bikes. and being bored like know. LMAO.
Dude, do yourself a favor. Elope and save the money and buy a house......and a mountain bike! A wedding at the Bush is nice but WoW the money!

vonski
06-19-2011, 10:27 PM
MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!!! The thead is about Mountain biking. Who givse a F>>>>> about weddings. JK :wink:[/quote]

I do my fiance wants to get married and I manage them for a club in CT. and I likely to kill my self on a mountain bike so I know more about weddings thant mountain bikes. and being bored like know. LMAO.[/quote]
Dude, do yourself a favor. Elope and save the money and buy a house......and a mountain bike! A wedding at the Bush is nice but WoW the money![/quote]

No, I would have it at the place I work now! I would have to get hired as the Banquet Manager at the Bush in order to have my wedding there! LMAO! So, if you are hiring Win, let me know! :D

Hawk
06-20-2011, 10:29 AM
John, now that I see that you were on vacation from your post on another site, can you please give us a preview of the Mountain Biking this year?

Oh and congrats on the other news my friend.

atkinson
06-20-2011, 11:12 AM
Thanks Hawk. I am excited for this next stage of life. One friend welcomed me to bottom rung of humanity. I assume that means I have a lot to learn still.

Vacation was awesome. The riding scene in Colorado was inspirational and I am excited to help implement some ideas gathered during our trip.

As for the mountain, we have installed the mountain cross course, with new jumps and bigger berms, and done a lot of repair/refine work on the mountain trails. We are building the main park this week, and will be continuing to improve the riding experience throughout the summer.

Some new trails might happen this season, but we may hold off, in order to roll these trails into a major project that we are working on for coming seasons. Stay tuned.

Here is some video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwjYofiwacQ) from the mountain cross course, in case you missed it.

Opening Day is close. We hope to see you soon!

John

Hardbooter
07-01-2011, 09:56 AM
How are the valley trails? We heard about a bit of a rain problem so far this summer. Did the bush get muddy too?

We're thinking about coming up for an overnight hike and we were wondering if its worth squeezing in some biking (if we don't kill ourselves hiking.) Any thoughts?

atkinson
07-01-2011, 03:04 PM
The rain has mellowed considerably and the trails are beginning to dry out nicely. I have been riding every week since the end of April and the best conditions of the season have all been in the last few weeks.

Save some energy to roll the flow.

John

Hawk
07-15-2011, 07:17 AM
I will be up this weekend to downhill and do a training ride in the Champlain Valley. Should be good weather I hear!!!