PDA

View Full Version : Where did everybody go......

Hawk
05-23-2011, 07:34 AM
Very quiet in here. It's been a whoe week with no posts. Nothing to say I guess.

I guess people must have run out of things to Bit#* about. :wink:

noski
05-23-2011, 10:43 AM
*cricket* *cricket*

noski
05-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Noski-you working on getting some apache helicopters for the July 4 flyover?

No Apaches but I have received confirmation of an intended VT Air National Guard Fly-by barring any unexpected national emergency (or Tstorms)...

HowieT2
05-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Noski-you working on getting some apache helicopters for the July 4 flyover?

No Apaches but I have received confirmation of an intended VT Air National Guard Fly-by barring any unexpected national emergency (or Tstorms)...

I'll settle for that if you can get the same weather as last year.

noski
05-24-2011, 11:13 AM
Warren 4th of July updates can be found at www.Facebook.com/Warren4thofJuly

March on!

Treeskier
05-24-2011, 05:02 PM
Turned our web site into summer mode also. Click Here (http://clubxtaski.com/)

But one to remember the season

http://clubxtaski.com/110326_Velvet_Powder_web/photos/041_110325.jpg

And they re-opened Vale last weekend cause it got a lot new.

atkinson
05-25-2011, 08:42 PM
We've been busy with the rain. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19cVgCWciVU)

John

Brew Ski
05-27-2011, 12:04 PM
I've been trapped under something heavy.... The "to do" list of cleaning the house after 6 months of neglect due to a great and long ski season. Now the spring cleaning has taken over. Not much of a break. Wishing I was skiing instead of suffering the hot humid days.

I was looking back and saw I came very close in yearly snowfall predictions. I had predicted 317" and the offical was within a foot. Techically, the Mountain doesn't count the snow prior to opening day, so I'll take credit for hitting it pretty close. I'll take my charts out for next season. With the debris in the air from the Iceland volcano, and strong weather patterns, I'm tending toward another big snow year for 2011-20112.

I'm looking forward to catching up with folks over Independence day holiday. Might even get back on the mountain bike and feed my need for speed.

Need to find time to brew some thirst quenching beer for the hot summer months. It is hot and humid in Boston today. I miss my skis.

chuck
05-30-2011, 09:37 PM
moose sighting bethel mt road sat evening - rochester side lots of tracks throuhout marsh - drive carefully..

noski
05-31-2011, 01:09 PM
moose sighting bethel mt road sat evening - rochester side lots of tracks throuhout marsh - drive carefully..

Ah yes, and the quest for Howie to see his moose begins again.

HowieT2
05-31-2011, 03:48 PM

Ah yes, and the quest for Howie to see his moose begins again.

Don't think I didn't notice. I'm thinking of investing in some moose pheromones. Could go terribly wrong but if I'm wearing the helmet cam it might be worth it.

chuck
05-31-2011, 03:56 PM
LMAO

random_ski_guy
06-01-2011, 02:48 PM
There was a moose sighting in Trumbull CT two days ago. The state estimates there are 100 moose in CT these days and growing. Hard to believe, but the story is consistent with the rebirth of the eastern forests and the return of other mammals.

HowieT2
06-01-2011, 02:51 PM
There was a moose sighting in Trumbull CT two days ago. The state estimates there are 100 moose in CT these days and growing. Hard to believe, but the story is consistent with the rebirth of the eastern forests and the return of other mammals.

You probably believe man landed on the moon too. :P

random_ski_guy
06-01-2011, 05:08 PM

You probably believe man landed on the moon too. :P

I hear ya, but unlike other improbable events such as Roswell, two years ago when someone killed a moose on the merritt parkway in Wilton CT they actually had a moose body as evidence.

And oh yeah, if you care to google, there was a bear in Hartford over the weekend. Bears, moose, eagles, beavers and coyotes are back. Now, as for salamanders and frogs, they seem more rare to me than as a child.

teleo
06-02-2011, 06:42 PM
I've been trapped under something heavy.... The "to do" list of cleaning the house after 6 months of neglect due to a great and long ski season.

I hear ya. Glad I'm not the only one who neglects everything for 6 months. I think I finally got caught up last w/e.

As for frogs and salamanders, I think you have to be a child to find them. Never saw one near my house in close to 20 years, but my daughter found a decent sized frog right by the back door last weekend. Go figure.

random_ski_guy
06-13-2011, 08:18 AM
Of course Howie, wouldnt you rather see an extint animal vs a moose?

Again, like with the Moose, you dont have to travel far for wildlife anymore.

Read more: http://www.greenwichtime.com/news/article/New-mountain-lion-sightings-being-investigated-by-1421512.php#ixzz1PA5vkUyU