PDA

View Full Version : May Day - Free Day!

atkinson
04-28-2011, 12:15 PM
That's right ... Sunday is free lifts for all at Sugarbush!

Saturday looks awesome too and season pass holders from other resorts get 2 for 1 tickets. Bravo spins at 9am-5pm, Heaven's Gate at 10am-4pm, all weekend.

This might be the end, but you never know. Come and get it!

John

http://www.sugarbush.com/uploadedfiles/2008_files/stokeexchange/sugarbush_atkinson_sx_04_28_2011_0019.jpg
Yesterday.

shadyjay
04-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Guess I said all my "have a good summer" goodbyes at Heaven's Gate last weekend a bit too prematurely.....

See y'all Saturday-Sunday!

Hawk
05-02-2011, 07:48 AM
Awsome Weekend! Great to see all the regulars on the hill.

What are the chances of another weekend? Looks like the cover will not stand another warm rainy week. There were several that were saying that this was it. Anybody heard anything?

atkinson
05-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Still an official maybe ... there is plenty of cover, way more than we had two years ago when we re-opened on May 7th. I think next weekend's weather forecast is going to be a major factor.

Keep the faith and pass the corn!

John

win
05-02-2011, 12:25 PM
We are officially done. :cry: Given the forecast, it will be sketchy at best. This weekend was the right memory to end with. Thanks to everyone for a terrific season and thanks to the regulars and the many "new" faces we saw yesterday. I wish I could have been out there with you. Everyone told me they had a great time.

Treeskier
05-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Understand but as past experience has proven before. Mother Nature and what happens by next weekend is way too far away to predict. As John stated above. There is a real lot of snow. And if weather was to not do as predicted then we should open. Long range is for sun on the weekend. Just wish the staff was a little more patient.

They already plowed a big path up Springfling just to make sure. :( it will not be ski-able.

That a side it was a great year and thanks to all!

summitchallenger
05-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Agreed with Treeskier. The weather looks pretty good to me!

ahm
05-03-2011, 01:29 PM
GS: As long as snow is on the ground, one can ski. Lifts are not necessary to ski, just a convenience. I am sure if you want to ski this weekend or during the week, it should not be too hard to find a method to ascend the snow and ski down. Many will be skiing over the coming weeks and weekends, whether lifts are running or not, so if you go have fun and enjoy the nice corn harvest. I am sure I will be able to ski this weekend and am looking forward to it. AHM

Treeskier
05-03-2011, 01:50 PM
AHM

You miss the point. I do hike. Have 2 days in over the last week. But l much prefer skiing 20+ lift accessed runs in a day.

Looks like I will have to venture to the other Sugar...Sugarloaf to make lift accessed turns. Or Jay. This weekend.

Hawk
05-04-2011, 07:00 AM
I am calling it. Something that I have never done this early. BUT the mountain biking is top notch right now at home. My friends, the other ones I ignore for most of the year are killing it and I need to get my act together as to not look foolish. Actually I have been riding for two months now and I am having a blast on my new bike.

Tree have a blast at the Loaf. All my SR friends will be up there. You will recognise them. I will tell them to look out for you.

HowieT2
05-04-2011, 09:44 AM
I am calling it. Something that I have never done this early. BUT the mountain biking is top notch right now at home. My friends, the other ones I ignore for most of the year are killing it and I need to get my act together as to not look foolish. Actually I have been riding for two months now and I am having a blast on my new bike.

Tree have a blast at the Loaf. All my SR friends will be up there. You will recognise them. I will tell them to look out for you.

what kind of bike? training wheels? :D

Hawk
05-04-2011, 10:24 AM

Santa Cruz, Blur Lt 2 with Pink handlebar streamers and a banana seat. :wink: It compliments my Nomad.

ahm
05-04-2011, 10:53 AM
The bush lift served is over and from a finances standpoint it does not make sense to turn the lifts. So, instead of asking to run the lifts, why not recognize that the lift served season in the east is basically history and try some of the great non lift served skiing out there now. Or finish it at the loaf or Jay and call it, while the rest of us continue skiing the nice corn that is sitting in all those non lift served places.

HowieT2
05-04-2011, 12:33 PM

Santa Cruz, Blur Lt 2 with Pink handlebar streamers and a banana seat. :wink: It compliments my Nomad.

well played. one of my buddies loves his blur. have fun with it.

Treeskier
05-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Funny and now they are predicting snow 6-8" at high elevations tonight.

win
05-05-2011, 11:51 PM
75 and sunny in San Diego at the National Ski Area Association meeting!

atkinson
05-06-2011, 06:54 AM
http://www.sugarbush.com/uploadedfiles/2008_files/stokeexchange/sb_ja_sx_05_12_2011_0003.jpg
This morning in the Mad River Valley ...

Treeskier
05-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Go Figure!

HowieT2
05-07-2011, 07:55 AM
how much? i saw a report of 10" at 3600' on mt. mansfield.

shadyjay
05-07-2011, 03:22 PM
All the new snow looks gone... large bare patches on all terrain that wasn't there yesterday. Even if we were open today, it wouldn't have been that great.
And over at Mt Ellen, Elbow and Rim Run looked gone... FIS still pretty descent (as viewed from passing by on German Flats), but with bare spots.

kcyanks1
05-07-2011, 09:20 PM
how much? i saw a report of 10" at 3600' on mt. mansfield.

Wow! Jay only reported 2". Weird.

Hawk
05-10-2011, 07:11 AM
Jay posted on facebook that they are opening next weekend 14th/15th. That would trump Sugarloaf as they open yesterday to get crowned the King of Spring.

Treeskier
05-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Who wants to ski this weekend at Jay? Sunday is looking the sunnier day.

HowieT2
05-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Who wants to ski this weekend at Jay? Sunday is looking the sunnier day.

i do. :D

win
05-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Nice golf here today until 3pm when it started to rain and it is coming down steady now!