PDA

View Full Version : Dodging the weather bullet

noski
03-09-2011, 03:55 PM
.... things are looking up for us tomorrow. Dare I say it?

vonski
03-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Only if you Dare to say it again tomorrow! :(

Xskier
03-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Today's weather was only postponing the inevitable but 6" of snow was a huge plus. All the more to absorb the rain. If it would only get cold sooner and we could lock up all the moisture in the snowpack and have a nice long spring season!

noski
03-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Today's weather was only postponing the inevitable but 6" of snow was a huge plus. All the more to absorb the rain. If it would only get cold sooner and we could lock up all the moisture in the snowpack and have a nice long spring season!
...want,want,want..... I'm trying! :wink:

vonski
03-10-2011, 04:27 PM
...want,want,want..... I'm trying! :wink:

So far its working looking at the radar and webcam the snow is putting up a good fight right now. Looks like the MRV will be the last to hang onto the snow!

HowieT2
03-10-2011, 08:04 PM

why do you say this?

noski
03-11-2011, 08:17 AM

why do you say this?
Well, technically I said that on Weds about Thursday and Thursday wasn't actually a washout- with 4-6" of snow before sleet and very light rain in the evening. Today on the other hand..... not so good.

Xskier
03-11-2011, 01:34 PM

why do you say this?
Well, technically I said that on Weds about Thursday and Thursday wasn't actually a washout- with 4-6" of snow before sleet and very light rain in the evening. Today on the other hand..... not so good.

My buddy skied till closing on Thursday and said the conditions were epic!! I was happily surprised to see that sleet was still mixing in with the rain at 11pm last night at the bottom of the Access road. The cold really hung on for a long time. I have no idea what we got for rain but it looks like the bulk of it has already pushed through. Only problem now is no sub freezing temps until Saturday night.. Maybe a just below tonight and tomorrow on the summits.

Hawk
03-11-2011, 02:46 PM
From what I heard the base is still there and we only lost a little at lower elevations. The rain pushed through quicker than expected. I hope we get another storm soon.

Hawk
03-12-2011, 07:14 AM
Looking down at the base this morning, 32 deg. windy and slowing lightly. When I left the bar last night it was 37 deg. and misting. They say it is going to snow a couple of inches. I hope it realy does because if not.......well you know. :wink: I will say this, the storm has put in place a great spring base. I need to get the cob webs out of my head from the Pine Tree last night and then head out. Should be interesting. See you on the slopes. :)

klop
03-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Wow! What a day - one of the best of the year. Thanks to all of you down country skiers that left us the hill this afternoon. Wind kicked up late and blew powder back on the trails. Freshies on Organgrinder at 3:45!

HowieT2
03-13-2011, 08:08 PM
Wow! What a day - one of the best of the year. Thanks to all of you down country skiers that left us the hill this afternoon. Wind kicked up late and blew powder back on the trails. Freshies on Organgrinder at 3:45!

+1. great day. the snow was perfectly dense but not too heavy. woods were good.
the hawk was flying.

chuck
03-13-2011, 09:45 PM
+2 one of the best days of the year - Middle earth and Grotto woods sweet....

Hawk
03-14-2011, 12:07 PM

+1. great day. the snow was perfectly dense but not too heavy. woods were good.
the hawk was flying.

...from where I was standing it look like Howie was flying....all of the woods. We couldn't keep track of him. :wink: I would also say it wasn't just the down country skiers that left. It was most skiers which made for a mostly untracked day. 8)