PDA

View Full Version : More Constructive Feedback

summitchallenger
03-05-2011, 03:02 PM
The last feedback (re: more positive vibes towards Mount Ellen in promo and snow reporting) worked. I've noticed some more mentioning of Mount Ellen and what it has to offer. If you look on our sister site (AlpineZone) you will see that word is getting out and folks are trying it and liking it.

Here is another thought...nothing personal...just meant as a suggestion. The snow phone reports are really not helpful. This morning the winds were howling and one only needed to take a peek at the summit forecast (http://www.nws.noaa.gov/view/validProds.php?prod=REC&node=KBTV) to see that windholds were an issue. I called the snow phone at about 6:45 and got a report from yesterday at 2pm or so that rambled on and on about stuff that wasn't really helpful. Instead of that and/or just reading off the website, can the reports get to the point in the first two minutes or so ("Hey, it's XYZ here. 6:30 am and forecasts are calling for high winds, so stay tuned for possible windholds on the upper mountain lifts. We have 111 trails open, X groomed, 16 lifts open, and X new snow...[forecast]")? For locals who drive to the mountain it would be good to have an idea about a 90 minutes beforehand as to what is going down.

Just an idea....

win
03-06-2011, 10:10 AM
Point well taken. For windholds you have to understand that our lift mechanics make these calls. When they get to the lift for their morning checks, they look at the conditions and call in to our dispatch office. Thus, on weekends, we usually don't get windhold information until 7am and on weekdays it is closer to 8am. They also sequence their checks so we don't know the wind conditions on all lifts at the same time. I think you will have noticed that the snowphone often warns of potential windholds and says to check back later. I do understand the need for timely info, so we will try to make it happen better.

summitchallenger
03-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Point well taken. For windholds you have to understand that our lift mechanics make these calls. When they get to the lift for their morning checks, they look at the conditions and call in to our dispatch office. Thus, on weekends, we usually don't get windhold information until 7am and on weekdays it is closer to 8am. They also sequence their checks so we don't know the wind conditions on all lifts at the same time. I think you will have noticed that the snowphone often warns of potential windholds and says to check back later. I do understand the need for timely info, so we will try to make it happen better.

Thanks. Again, not to be a jerk. By the way check out AZ. There was a guy who skied at Stowe and Sugarbush last week and is really happy with his Sugarbush experience. We are very lucky to have ownership/management that have done an amazing job getting Sugarbush into a better mountain and resort.