PDA

View Full Version : Spring storm this weekend

ski_resort_observer
02-23-2011, 07:30 AM
Just heard Roger Hill's forecast on DEV for the weekend, sounds pretty sweet. He's calling for 4-8" with wet snow starting on Thursday night into Fri. For you folks coming in from the south be aware that the roads might be abit dicey on Fri. Cloudy, warm and snow showers thru the weekend. Bring your low light goggles. :D

Treeskier
02-23-2011, 08:05 AM
NECN weather's man Matt said we have 4 storms lined up.Thursday into Friday, Sunday,Monday and Tuesday storms!

Oh Yah!

gostan
02-23-2011, 01:37 PM
My desk calendar reads that the first day of Spring is Sunday, March 20th. :wink:

noski
02-23-2011, 04:11 PM
Winter Storm Watch, 6-10" Friday

HowieT2
02-23-2011, 05:22 PM
Whatup with the spring thing? I for one am not ready for that, although it felt good having a beer outside on the deck this afternoon.

noski
02-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Winter Storm Watch, 6-10" Friday

...let's make that: Winter Storm Warning.....

Edit: NOAA has MRV in the crosshairs for maximum snowfall.

Hawk
02-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Enjoy it this weekend People!!!!! The next system on Tuesday is looking.....welll......Juicy. :( Hopefully the models are wrong. Anyway I am off to Chamonix in a couple of hours. Overlapping with one Sugarbush group in the beginning and another at the end. Should be fun as it started to snow again this week and snow is in the forecast. Au Revior!!!! A Bientot!

noski
02-24-2011, 12:37 PM
Enjoy it this weekend People!!!!! The next system on Tuesday is looking.....welll......Juicy. :( Hopefully the models are wrong. Anyway I am off to Chamonix in a couple of hours. Overlapping with one Sugarbush group in the beginning and another at the end. Should be fun as it started to snow again this week and snow is in the forecast. Au Revior!!!! A Bientot!

Have a Molson Red for me!

Plowboy
02-24-2011, 01:10 PM

They have Molson Red in France :?:

noski
02-24-2011, 01:12 PM

They have Molson Red in France :?: I don't get out much...

Hawk
02-24-2011, 01:20 PM
I didn't want to say anything. :lol:

Xskier
02-24-2011, 01:32 PM
Enjoy it this weekend People!!!!! The next system on Tuesday is looking.....welll......Juicy. :( Hopefully the models are wrong.

And an even juicier one at the end of the week. This could have been an epic 10 days but its looking like a downer now. I hope this one doesn't keep trending north as well. Keeping the fingers crossed. Get out there this weekend!!

muddy_hollow
02-25-2011, 07:31 AM
No snow last night but just went outside and it just started to snow. Very fine, powdered sugar style snow so far.

HowieT2
02-25-2011, 07:37 AM
Starting to come down heavier already. Looks like we are going to be free of any taint too.

ski_resort_observer
02-25-2011, 07:38 AM
Hey Plow...ya know Molson's was founded in Montreal, that's in Quebec. That foreign language you hear them speak down here is french or at least a form of french, right. Ya know that they speak french in France. Soooooooo I am sure you can some Molson in France. :wink:

noski
02-25-2011, 09:35 AM
Hey Plow...ya know Molson's was founded in Montreal, that's in Quebec. That foreign language you hear them speak down here is french or at least a form of french, right. Ya know that they speak french in France. Soooooooo I am sure you can some Molson in France. :wink:

I find it disturbing that I actually followed that line of reasoning. Thanks for trying, sro! :-) POWDER TO THE PEOPLE! (let it snow!)

skierdon
02-25-2011, 04:22 PM
so what's the good word? how much so far? still snowing? road conditions?

Going to be a slow drive up from Boston tonight! Safe travels everyone.

shadyjay
02-25-2011, 07:28 PM
6" so far.... still snowing a little bit but the wind is really starting to pick up. At least at mid mountain, the snow remained quite powdery all day - a lot drier than originally forecasted.

We made it through the day today with all (16) lifts operating from start to finish. We MAY not be that lucky tomorrow.

Safe travels - the roads could be dicey.

HowieT2
02-25-2011, 09:31 PM
I'd guess more than 6" but who knows the way the winds picked up after it got dark. It is howling out now.
The snow is definitely drier than anticipated. It should be blown into the woods nicely for tomorrow.

Brew Ski
02-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Roads were in pretty good condition coming up tonight. Looks like about 12" of fluffy goodness in the parking lot (not plowed at 9pm). Wind was strong on the highway, not too bad coming into the valley. Should be a good day tomorrow.
C U bright and early. Its a powder day after all.

btw Josh Fox is suggesting a clipper tomorrow night as well. Maybe a little more love for the weekend.

cumicon
02-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Hmm, I have a real hard time believing 12". There was definately only 6" as of 4pm, and there has been very little snow since then. Wind is howling now, hopefully it fills in the woods.

muddy_hollow
02-26-2011, 06:40 AM
6-8" out my window.

The wind kicked up yesterday and drifted the snow, so it might look deeper in spots. Skied lift line and aimed for the drifts... some were soft, some where hiding ice monsters.

I think Mtn Ops team has done a great job flattening out the ice humps and getting ready for the snow. Looks to be a good day ahead of us.

I heard Slidebrook was the only area not to get any snow.... ;)

shadyjay
02-26-2011, 07:43 PM
We made it through the day today with all (16) lifts operating from start to finish. We MAY not be that lucky tomorrow.

Okay, so I was wrong, but the original forecast for winds 40-60 mph wasn't looking too good. But it all worked out, all lifts ran as scheduled, and there were A LOT of smiling faces out there today. And a few inches coming tonight, too!