PDA

View Full Version : Lower FIS and Sunny D.

Last Tracks
02-03-2011, 07:48 AM
I skied Lower FIS yesterday a couple times and i think the route across the Sunny D area could use a little help.

If you follow the signs and respect the closures then you end up skiing down Snowflake and have to take the Sunny D lift to get to GMX. or you can take the rope tow and walk the rest of the way up to GMX.

I understand that you don't want people skiing across the terrain park b/c it is dangerous.

But no matter how many ropes you put up (and the wall of sticks that someone keeps on building up and others keep on removing) people will keep on crossing the terrain park to get to GMX. They have just finished a long traverse and they aren't going to do any extra walking, and they dont want to take Sunny D..

A couple years ago you built a tunnel under one of the jumps and people would ski through that which I thought was good solution.

I would also say that in general the terrain park has completely taken over the Sunny D area. Graduation and Snowflake are hardly ever open anymore ( i guess because you don't want people skiing across the terrain park). And what used to be the best beginer area in the valley is not that great anymore.

I think you need to to have more balance and improve the experience of the begining skiers and lower FIS skiers that use the sunny D area.

vonski
02-03-2011, 09:00 AM
A Tunnel under one of the jumps would have been good. Or maybe at the edge of Riemergasse a rope system that one must navigate with signs telling why so crossing could be done safely. Maybe an ambassador posted there to direct traffic would be good!. Luckily the few times I have skied it this year my kid is in the park so I go to Sunny D to watch him catch some air. But otherwise this is not a good deal for that side of the mtn.

Plowboy
02-03-2011, 09:22 AM
That tunnel is now the rail and feature shop near Vermont Ski Safety.

vonski
02-03-2011, 10:01 AM
That tunnel is now the rail and feature shop near Vermont Ski Safety.
Well we need it back! Plow that sucker out and get it back over there! :lol:

Hawk
02-03-2011, 11:54 AM
Just ignore the barriers LT. I always do. Bad planning does not preclude you from marching to your own beat. Park smark!!!!