PDA

View Full Version : Options for Using the CRP going Forward

Hawk
01-31-2011, 11:32 AM
By the way, the Grift rocked the house on Saturday. That is the most people I have seen at a Saturday night Castlerock show. The dancing was insane. Shawn and Richard had big smiles at the end of the night. The mountian needs to do some reseach, spend the cake and get some good acts in. The valley is starved for good talent. Make it happen!!!

vonski
01-31-2011, 12:34 PM
By the way, the Grift rocked the house on Saturday. That is the most people I have seen at a Saturday night Castlerock show. The dancing was insane. Shawn and Richard had big smiles at the end of the night. The mountian needs to do some reseach, spend the cake and get some good acts in. The valley is starved for good talent. Make it happen!!!

They should be able to get some good bookings. I know the owner of Nectars in Burlington and he once told me that they help with the Bookings at Sugarbush. So, One would think that with that resource they could get some good bookings for the mountain. Tough to get a band to play with out a cover charge though unless they are guaranteed money!

HowieT2
01-31-2011, 12:42 PM
and once again the CRP will be closed for the superbowl. Bummer. Obviously, I'll be the only one watching that game.

Tin Woodsman
01-31-2011, 01:02 PM
I split this out b/c it's probably worth discussion outside of the original announcement thread.

Why would the CRP be closed for the Superbowl? That makes zero sense to me.

HowieT2
01-31-2011, 01:22 PM
I split this out b/c it's probably worth discussion outside of the original announcement thread.

Why would the CRP be closed for the Superbowl? That makes zero sense to me.

Thank you. Yes, it makes zero sense. They close at 5 pm on sunday and evidently see no reason to stay open for the single biggest annual event in the US. An event which it is almost obligatory to drink beer and eat bar food.

I have been doing superbowl at SB for about 15 years. The last game I can recall seeing at the resort was the giants ravens in 2000 in the old gatehouse. Frankly, I don't understand why they don't do some kind of marketing deal for this weekend. free lodging on sunday night or ski for cheap on monday.

skibum1321
01-31-2011, 01:38 PM
and once again the CRP will be closed for the superbowl. Bummer. Obviously, I'll be the only one watching that game.
I didn't realize they still played that when the Patriots don't make it :lol:

Hawk
01-31-2011, 02:14 PM
That is kind of funny considering they are advertising $45 lift tickets for Superbowl Sunday on the front page of the SB site. You would think they would capitalize with food and drink after? No? Maybe just Timbers. The numbers may suggest that not that many people are staying up for the game.
Who knows.

Localsmoker
01-31-2011, 02:58 PM
Superbowl specials at the Smokehouse are $3 VT microbrews, $2 Narragansetts, and some food specials ( once I think of 'em :/ )

Xskier
01-31-2011, 03:38 PM

I agree 100%. They rocked and it was a blast. Bring in good talent and the right kind of music for a ski area and the crowds will come to the mountain and to CRP (even though its a basement).

Xskier
01-31-2011, 03:40 PM
Superbowl specials at the Smokehouse are $3 VT microbrews, $2 Narragansetts, and some food specials ( once I think of 'em :/ )

Nicely done!! I will stop in if we are still up..

HowieT2
01-31-2011, 04:04 PM

Thanks. We have watched the game there in the past and it was a good time.

summitchallenger
01-31-2011, 05:19 PM
Are you sure that CRP is going to be closed for the Superbowl? That makes no sense.

HowieT2
01-31-2011, 05:43 PM
Are you sure that CRP is going to be closed for the Superbowl? That makes no sense.

I went in and asked and was told they close at 5. I said I can't believe they are not staying open for the game and they said it was too late.

Tin Woodsman
01-31-2011, 07:25 PM
Frankly, I don't understand why they don't do some kind of marketing deal for this weekend. free lodging on sunday night or ski for cheap on monday.

This strikes me as a really good idea. Provide an incentive for people to stay/ski on a normally quiet day. Add a big SB party with a $10-20 cover (for a bar food/pizza buffet) and drink specials all night long but free admittance for those who book via the special package.

HowieT2
01-31-2011, 08:40 PM
Frankly, I don't understand why they don't do some kind of marketing deal for this weekend. free lodging on sunday night or ski for cheap on monday.

This strikes me as a really good idea. Provide an incentive for people to stay/ski on a normally quiet day. Add a big SB party with a $10-20 cover (for a bar food/pizza buffet) and drink specials all night long but free admittance for those who book via the special package.

no brainer. right? believe me, monday morning after the game is pretty quiet on the hill.

Crocker
02-01-2011, 11:37 AM
The Castlerock Pub hasn't closed at 5:00 on a Sunday since October! The pub's hours are business dependant, so why not vote with your feet and place yourself in there Sunday afternoon and keep the place going for the game--enough people there will keep the bar open. The Superbowl has been a quiet night for us in the past and hasn't justified staying open past halftime since 2005. Talk's cheap--typing's cheaper--show me the bodies!

HowieT2
02-01-2011, 11:55 AM
The Castlerock Pub hasn't closed at 5:00 on a Sunday since October! The pub's hours are business dependant, so why not vote with your feet and place yourself in there Sunday afternoon and keep the place going for the game--enough people there will keep the bar open. The Superbowl has been a quiet night for us in the past and hasn't justified staying open past halftime since 2005. Talk's cheap--typing's cheaper--show me the bodies!

What???? I guess talk is cheap, like when I was told it closes at 5 and would not be open. Interesting marketing strategy. and it has never been open in the past, so I don't know how you can say it has been a quiet night (well, I guess when the doors are shut and lights are out, it's bound to be quiet). Believe me, Ive tried. Now granted, I haven't parked myself at the bar after skiing and refused to leave on my own feet.
But, whatever, good news, save me a table for 9. wings, nachos, beer. what more could a man ask for. Thank you. see you there.

Tin Woodsman
02-01-2011, 12:56 PM

The fact that there is confusion on this point indicates a communication problem though, right? People would vote with their bodies if their eyes and ears were made aware of the facts.

atkinson
02-04-2011, 08:30 AM
Timber's will be open for your Super Bowl viewing pleasure. Two big screens!

win
02-04-2011, 09:14 AM
And we have some lodging specials. Check the website

HowieT2
02-04-2011, 10:04 AM

Timbers is nice and all, but not really a preferred football game watching venue.

djd66
02-04-2011, 01:06 PM
"The fact that there is confusion on this point indicates a communication problem though, right? People would vote with their bodies if their eyes and ears were made aware of the facts." TW

Timbers is nice and all, but not really a preferred football game watching venue.

You guys complain way too much! Come,... its a football game and there are plenty of options to watch if you want to. What I dont' get is if you ski all day on Sat +Sunday and then spend your Sunday night driving in the car(like i do) how can you even be a football fan?

Localsmoker
02-04-2011, 03:15 PM
How about smoking all day and trying to be a football fan? Sunday the Smokehouse serves 1/2 price wings, $2 pulled pork sliders, $2 Narragansett drafts,
$3 VT and Guinness drafts.

HowieT2
02-04-2011, 10:32 PM
"The fact that there is confusion on this point indicates a communication problem though, right? People would vote with their bodies if their eyes and ears were made aware of the facts." TW

You guys complain way too much! Come,... its a football game and there are plenty of options to watch if you want to. What I dont' get is if you ski all day on Sat +Sunday and then spend your Sunday night driving in the car(like i do) how can you even be a football fan?

ever hear of tivo and the nfl network?

Hrdstrt
02-05-2011, 03:42 PM
How about smoking all day and trying to be a football fan? Sunday the Smokehouse serves 1/2 price wings, $2 pulled pork sliders, $2 Narragansett drafts,
Are the new mugs in yet?

Localsmoker
02-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Are the new mugs in yet?

New mugs are hanging!

HowieT2
02-08-2011, 12:13 PM
well the Pine Tree Pub was good and standing room only. Plenty of patrons at the CRP around 5 when the kitchen closed and they started putting chairs up on the tables. Maybe next year.

Tin Woodsman
02-08-2011, 04:35 PM
I don't see how this:

Jibes with this:

well the Pine Tree Pub was good and standing room only. Plenty of patrons at the CRP around 5 when the kitchen closed and they started putting chairs up on the tables. Maybe next year.

HowieT2
02-08-2011, 05:07 PM
I don't see how this:

Jibes with this:

To be clear, the bar was technically open when we left at about 5:15. and I'm sure they didn't kick anyone out. However, with no food it wasn't a viable option for my crew. and the TVs were tuned to a cindy crawford infomercial (she is pleasant to look at) and the hockey game. no football.
and considering, they were packing the place up, the kitchen was closed and they told everyone they would be closed, there were plenty of people there when we left. One could imagine a pretty good turnout, should they choose to make something of it next year.