PDA

View Full Version : Want to skin up MRG on Sunday?

Hardbooter
01-20-2011, 12:04 AM
I'm planning on skinning from the base of Mad River Glenn, up the antelope trail to the long trail to mount ellen on Sunday. This route is the first leg of the mountain hardware race course. If I feel good doing that route then I'll sign up for the race.
If there's anyone out there who'd like to try it, or has done the race before and would like to spend a frigid day sweating instead of freezing on a ski lift then I'd love to have company. I'm going to be busy for the next two days (off the internet) so please post to this thread and we can coordinate on Friday night and Saturday. If you know anyone who's planning to do the race, please let them know.

Send me a private message if you need to but I won't be able to read anything until Friday night.

Hardbooter
01-20-2011, 03:42 PM
It turns out that I am in the range of the internet today.

Predicted high temp for Sunday on the valley floor: -1F

I think my plan to stay off the lifts is just about right.

gostan
01-20-2011, 04:04 PM
It turns out that I am in the range of the internet today.

Predicted high temp for Sunday on the valley floor: -1F

I think my plan to stay off the lifts is just about right.

But, Hardbooter, will you be in range of the Internet on Sunday?

My plan for Sunday is to thaw our from freezing on Saturday, refreeze on the lifts on Sunday morning and then find a bottle of Jack and watch some football later in the day. :idea:

Sorry I could not resist. I am sure your plan is a good one and hope that you find some comrades in skinning.

See you this weekend!