PDA

View Full Version : Sugarbush Webcam is LIVE

noski
01-17-2011, 08:37 AM
TAA-DAAAAAAAAAA...... Bookmark it! http://www.sugarbush.com/about-vermont-resort/webcam

(Who We Are > Videos/Photos/Webcam > Webcam)

Hardbooter
01-17-2011, 12:00 PM
Wow, very nice.

It would be nice if we could get a still video shot too so we don't bog down the servers. Some webcams have a page that will show you the last 10 one minute snapshots. Thats a nice feature.

noski
01-17-2011, 12:24 PM
I think you will find this is a work-in-progress. Steam from the stacks seems to work itself into the picture, but the shot changes every 20 +/- seconds, so keep looking. I will forward your suggestion.

Brew Ski
01-17-2011, 12:45 PM
Very nice. I'm sad that I'm working and not thee enjoying the day.

vickeryhill
01-17-2011, 01:42 PM
FYI: The camera actually sends a stream of a single feed to an external media server that is on the Amazon.com cloud. That live vido image is re-embedded with a script that displays whatever framerate, size, brightness, color contrast, zoom, etc desired. Only a single chunk of bandwidth from Sugarbush to media server is needed. When a user (or in this case hundreds) look at the webcam page (http://www.sugarbush.com/about-vermont-resort/webcam) , they are actually seeing all the page elements and content from Sugarbush's webserver. The video feed streams directly from a completely different location on the Interwebs...thus no additional server load or page slow down on behalf of Sugarbush.com webserver.

The feed was 320x240 this morning, and just got upsized to 640x480pixels!

Enjoy

teleo
01-17-2011, 04:46 PM
Excellent! The bigger size helps a lot. Someone must be playing with the PTZ controls, it's going all over the place right now.

Next project - Live streaming of Atkinson's helmet cam :wink: Complete with PTZ controls :shock:

boze
01-17-2011, 07:38 PM
the initial effort is well done and most appreciated

gostan
01-18-2011, 10:15 AM
As it is snowing heavily here in Marlborough, MA, all I am really enjoying looking at the new Sugarbush WebCam (in between some bits of work) and can only hope that this heavy snow gets up there.

The WebCam is a wonderful new tool to make us flatlanders jealous of all of the Valley full timers. 8)

random_ski_guy
01-18-2011, 12:06 PM
long wait...but well done. great angle, great picture. thanks

HowieT2
01-18-2011, 12:43 PM
My first viewing and its puking snow. shweet.

Thank you.

Tin Woodsman
01-18-2011, 02:49 PM
Really well done by the SB web team and a big thanks to Win for coming around and seeing the light. My guess is that you'll be surprised by the level of traffic the cam sees. What better way to get people pumped for coming up than to see a snow covered GH plaza?!

Now onto agitating for an upper mtn (Allyn's Lodge) cam!

Hawk
01-19-2011, 08:22 AM
I noticed an added feature of the cam view. You can see the smoke/steam coming from the building vents and get an idea of the wind at the base. Yesterday it smoke was going sideways a bit and today it is going straight up. :) I need to go skiing. :roll:

smootharc
01-19-2011, 08:52 AM
I noticed an added feature of the cam view. You can see the smoke/steam coming from the building vents and get an idea of the wind at the base. Yesterday it smoke was going sideways a bit and today it is going straight up. :) I need to go skiing. :roll:

Perhaps a few strategically placed Sugarbush flags that the cam would pick up might be helpful ? Branding and visual data all-in-one.

vonski
03-07-2011, 03:41 PM
It has been fun to watch the ski rack on the right get burried since yesterday. I think some drifting as one is almost gone. Damn, I wish I was skiing, but at least there is the webcam. I also like the big size of the picture!