PDA

View Full Version : Better Be Here!

summitchallenger
01-14-2011, 05:35 PM
The skiing today was great at North. All the natural trails are better than before the thaw. With more snow in the forecast the woods and other terrain will be in play soon. Get here!

Runs with snowmaking on them are in peak condition.

Lower FIS is great although be careful of the windblown areas at the top. The runout is groomed and the waterbars are not bad (thanks to BMM and his henchmen). Exterminator really skied well today. Hammerhead did as well although the thin areas are beginning to show on the first pitch. They left one side of Elbow ungroomed and it was nice. Upper Lookin' Good is dirt in the middle, wind blown on the sides but Lookin' Good was real good! Walt's, Semi-Tough, and Brambles need more snow and there are water bars that make for a bumpy ride.

Oh yeah...for those skiing Lower FIS you can no longer cut across the terrain park. There is snow fencing and at least two other ropes after that. You are directed down Snowflake to the old T-Bar line which is groomed. This means that you have to either hike to GMX or ride the Sunny D to get out. I skied down the old Ellen's Alley to come around the corner and meet the snow fence. :roll:

skiladi
01-15-2011, 09:01 AM
The skiing today was great at North. All the natural trails are better than before the thaw. With more snow in the forecast the woods and other terrain will be in play soon. Get here!

Runs with snowmaking on them are in peak condition.

Lower FIS is great although be careful of the windblown areas at the top. The runout is groomed and the waterbars are not bad (thanks to BMM and his henchmen). Exterminator really skied well today. Hammerhead did as well although the thin areas are beginning to show on the first pitch. They left one side of Elbow ungroomed and it was nice. Upper Lookin' Good is dirt in the middle, wind blown on the sides but Lookin' Good was real good! Walt's, Semi-Tough, and Brambles need more snow and there are water bars that make for a bumpy ride.

Oh yeah...for those skiing Lower FIS you can no longer cut across the terrain park. There is snow fencing and at least two other ropes after that. You are directed down Snowflake to the old T-Bar line which is groomed. This means that you have to either hike to GMX or ride the Sunny D to get out. I skied down the old Ellen's Alley to come around the corner and meet the snow fence. :roll:
I got in the habit of going down to Sunny D as it was usually "stashy" and not a flat out. ; }

HowieT2
01-15-2011, 04:20 PM
Lp was fantastic today although I skipped castlerock due the lines both times I checked. Couple runs in the woods off north lynx were rewarding in spots but definitely could use more base. It's been snowing since about 1 but it seems light. Need some denser packing snow.

Hawk
01-15-2011, 05:17 PM
I here you Howie. My day had some really good places, but some really scary moments. Tonights snow will be a bonus in the morning.