PDA

View Full Version : The Rock

win
01-13-2011, 09:34 PM
The Castlerock lift will not run tomorrow but will on Saturday and hopefully thereafter. We had some unfortunate vandalism. Someone tore off the outside controls and stop button at the top of the lift. All is fixed and we are working to ready the ramps tomorrow and get everything in shape for a grand opening at 9am on Saturday. Hiking over is permitted again tomorow and some more human grooming will make for some nice skiing when more people ride up the lift on Saturday.

It always amazes me why someone would vandalize is this fashion. Any leads of who might have done this would be appreciated.

smootharc
01-14-2011, 08:31 AM
That would be interesting to know.

Yard Sale
01-14-2011, 10:31 AM
Idiots can show up in the strangest places. Too bad the power wasn't on: ZAP! :shock:

gostan
01-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Win, one would think that ski mountains in Vermont would be immune from such vandalism. Not the case! Unfortunately, it is the world we live in today. The lack of real family values in the youth of today is frightening. My company has expended way too much $$ on infra-red cameras and alarm systems over the past several years because of so much ridiculous unnecessary petty vandalism.

atkinson
01-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Don't blame the youth, this was likely a crusty old local.

I just got down from a run and the lift was spinning well. Chloe had the offload ramp in primo condition and Patrol has been chopping blowdowns to clear trails. Tomorrow should be great, especially with more snow on the way!

John