PDA

View Full Version : Snowing!

atkinson
01-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Common wisdom says, if you want it to snow, hold an event. We've got the inaugural ball tonight and it is currently dumping!

pure
01-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Common wisdom then figures that you should hold more events! Go Snow!

summitchallenger
01-07-2011, 08:54 PM
It's about time!

boze
01-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Might that presage the opening of the 'Rock??

summitchallenger
01-08-2011, 07:19 PM
I had a good day. Kept saying, "OK, one more run..." The six inches of snow skied well. Pretty much anything that has seen snowmaking is skiing well. Anything else, well it's going to be a while......

Good sized crowd at Mount Ellen. Things got chewed up pretty quickly. They have done a good job getting things back up and going. Guns going on Upper FIS, Upper Rim Run, Lookin' Good, and Middle Elbow. Cliffs has some big whales on it. They were running an event on Which Way that was fun to watch. Good idea! There is a big race tomorrow on Inverness. more snow in the forecast...WCAX is calling for 4-8 inches more between now and Monday. That will help!

teleo
01-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Pretty much anything that has seen snowmaking is skiing well. Anything else, well it's going to be a while......

Good sized crowd at Mount Ellen.
About the same at LP on both counts. I was expecting a light weekend between holidays. Was surprised how many were here. Even Pine Tree Pub was busy Sat eve. And John from sugarbush village rentals was saying he's seeing some of the best MLK bookings in a few years. Maybe we'll see you at Ellen next w/e.

With this snow situation, at least I'm not pining to hit the rock while I spend my days skiing with my daughter. But the new snow made things fun off GateHouse quad.

win
01-09-2011, 05:26 PM
It is still snowing. It is light and fluffy. Still not great base building, but we are getting there. Moving the guns at LP to Stein's. Three days there, and we will have some fun on it.

noski
01-09-2011, 07:47 PM
7:45pm and it's still snowing- the snow shower that started Friday night and never stopped. At 1800' in Center Fayston it's at about a foot.

HowieT2
01-09-2011, 10:25 PM
great weekend. definitely seemed like there were a lot of people on saturday. today was even better. sunrise and birch run had some nice powder. power went down at the end of the day.

summitchallenger
01-10-2011, 07:58 AM
My sources tell me that it was dumping high up on the mountain last night....and that there was at least a foot of new fresh.....

vonski
01-10-2011, 09:15 AM
what a great recovery and day on Saturday. Friday afternoon was chilly as well as Sunday, and the wind swept alot away after grooming Sat nite. But Sat was quiet turns all day long. Excellent crowds all weekend. Lots were full but no lines at Ellen as usual.