PDA

View Full Version : Post your sacrifices here

HowieT2
01-03-2011, 04:53 PM
We need to get some mojo going.

Ullr we beseech thee to spare the coast and blast the northern mountains.

From BTV-
AS OF 248 PM EST MONDAY...CONTINUE TO FAVOR THE MORE CONSISTENT 12Z
GFS/12Z UKMET/12Z GFS ENSEMBLE MEAN SOLNS OVER 12Z ECMWF FOR THE
EXTENDED FORECAST...RESULTING IN NO SIGNIFICANT CHANGES TO THE
PREVIOUS FCST. TEMPERATURES CONTINUE TO LOOK SLIGHTLY ABOVE NORMAL
FOR EARLY JANUARY...WHILE PROTRACTED SNOW EVENT LOOKS LIKELY LATE
THURSDAY THROUGH SATURDAY...WITH POTENTIAL FOR HEAVIER SNOWFALL
RATES...MAINLY ACROSS VT...FOR THE FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY TIME
FRAME.

sgottmann
01-03-2011, 05:56 PM
I sacrificed my oil burning furnace for a new propane furnace today.

djd66
01-03-2011, 06:14 PM
We need to get some mojo going.

Ullr we beseech thee to spare the coast and blast the northern mountains.

From BTV-
AS OF 248 PM EST MONDAY...CONTINUE TO FAVOR THE MORE CONSISTENT 12Z
GFS/12Z UKMET/12Z GFS ENSEMBLE MEAN SOLNS OVER 12Z ECMWF FOR THE
EXTENDED FORECAST...RESULTING IN NO SIGNIFICANT CHANGES TO THE
PREVIOUS FCST. TEMPERATURES CONTINUE TO LOOK SLIGHTLY ABOVE NORMAL
FOR EARLY JANUARY...WHILE PROTRACTED SNOW EVENT LOOKS LIKELY LATE
THURSDAY THROUGH SATURDAY...WITH POTENTIAL FOR HEAVIER SNOWFALL
RATES...MAINLY ACROSS VT...FOR THE FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY TIME
FRAME.

I'm ready to burn some skis,.... they are trashed after some of those "natural" ski runs from this past week. Lets hope we don't get #%@k'd like we have on the past few storms.

klop
01-03-2011, 06:55 PM
I have to work so I've sacrificed my weekend. Snow guaranteed.

Hawk
01-04-2011, 08:47 AM
My refrigerator died on Christmas day or at least that is when I discovered it. :( What a mess that was. So I guess the contents could also be part of the sacrifice.

gostan
01-04-2011, 09:23 AM
I am thinking about booking a trip south in February as a sacrifice to the g-d of snow. That will definitely insure a dump.

But, not much I can sacrifice right now as we are only 4 days into 2011.

HowieT2
01-04-2011, 09:34 AM
C'mon! That's all we can come up with. Some old skis and a fridge. I was thinking about offing my kid's guinea pig.

Hawk
01-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Wow Howie, you didn't say what kind of sacrifice. :wink: If you mentioned this a little earlier we could have rounded up all the dogs from that parade they had and fed them all Jim Jones punch in doggie bowls. :shock: :lol:

gostan
01-04-2011, 09:49 AM
C'mon! That's all we can come up with. Some old skis and a fridge. I was thinking about offing my kid's guinea pig.How about we all shave our heads and grow beards, or vice versa :wink:

Hawk
01-04-2011, 10:13 AM
C'mon! That's all we can come up with. Some old skis and a fridge. I was thinking about offing my kid's guinea pig.How about we all shave our heads and grow beards, or vice versa :wink:

Ya, Ya. Then there would be a bunch of Shawns walking around the village. :wink:

Hawk
01-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Another idea could be a ritual similar to what my hippy Sunday River Friends used to do. They would go down to the River, break through the ice in a shallow area and stand in the water up to thier privates. :shock: They would then smoke the "bone of silence" until it was gone. :? It looked pretty painful but it always snowed shortly after. :)

noski
01-04-2011, 10:22 AM
Another idea could be a ritual similar to what my hippy Sunday River Friends used to do. They would go down to the River, break through the ice in a shallow area and stand in the water up to thier privates. :shock: They would then smoke the "bone of silence" until it was gone. :? It looked pretty painful but it always snowed shortly after. :)

....until "what" was gone....? gulp. ;-)

vonski
01-04-2011, 11:26 AM

I was thinking about a smoking ritual to Mother Nature might do the trick! Maybe we can get some of that stuff Mylie Cyrus was using. LOL :shock:

HowieT2
01-04-2011, 11:46 AM

That would be cool minus the ice and water part.

vonski
01-04-2011, 12:40 PM

That would be cool minus the ice and water part.

The ice would go well with a drink and then bubble the water in some manner! :wink:

Hawk
01-04-2011, 12:55 PM
I had a feeling you guys would relate to that story in some way. :wink:

HowieT2
01-04-2011, 01:15 PM
seems I just got notified that I have to be in court in poughkeepsie on friday midday, which just happens to be on my way up to warren. This is good.

ThinkSno
01-04-2011, 01:19 PM
http://s4.postimage.org/6nqhg0ys/photo_1.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/6nqhg0ys/)

Seth sacrificing himself at Shawn's bonfire back in December.

vonski
01-04-2011, 01:30 PM
seems I just got notified that I have to be in court in poughkeepsie on friday midday, which just happens to be on my way up to warren. This is good.
Thanks! I have work in VT that morning. So, I was anti-sacrificing thanks for balancing me out.

noski
01-04-2011, 01:46 PM
http://www.madrivervalley.com/vermont/webcam/index.asp

come on.....come on....

Hawk
01-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Wow, the radar is lit up. Hope it keeps coming. :lol:

atkinson
01-04-2011, 03:21 PM
What Hawk? No Jim Jones for anyone, especially the dogs.

Egan is sacrificing his backyard to fix the septic ... in January. I just booked a flight to Jackson for the last week of the month. Sacrificies are difficult. It's guaranteed to snow now.

In fact, snow is currently coming down pretty hard.

John

Hawk
01-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Just kidding there John. I realize how many dog people there are. I was wondering if anyone was paying attention. :wink: