PDA

View Full Version : 2010 State Chairlift Inspection

summitchallenger
01-03-2011, 12:00 PM
According to today's Rutland Herald only one chairlift in the state failed inspection and it was at Sugarbush. Which lift was that? Maybe it is a mistake or maybe coincidence that the newspaper who covers our big competitor is saying this about our beloved mountain. ;)

Is this lift going to operate? What is going to be done about it (or has been done)?

skierdon
01-03-2011, 12:36 PM
I'm guessing Valley House? Seems a number of chairs are broken, for lack of a better term. Some had cones on them where the slats were missing- others, orange tape around the bar. I was actually loaded on a chair with orange tape while the one behind us was not loaded- hopefully a warning system and not a mistaken load. Seems like that kind of maintenance would have been taken care of in the offseason.

Oakridge
01-03-2011, 12:52 PM
I'm guessing Valley House? Seems a number of chairs are broken, for lack of a better term. Some had cones on them where the slats were missing- others, orange tape around the bar. I was actually loaded on a chair with orange tape while the one behind us was not loaded- hopefully a warning system and not a mistaken load. Seems like that kind of maintenance would have been taken care of in the offseason.

It is my understanding that the Valley House Lift was recently repaired in that all the grips on that lift were replaced, and the lift is currently in operable condition. However, Win would need to confirm this.

Hawk
01-03-2011, 01:15 PM
I heard that they were waiting on an inspection for the North Link lift last week but I am not sure how credible that report was or if it is relivant.

Plowboy
01-03-2011, 01:16 PM
GMVS Poma? They have a permit to replace it. But I think they(GMVS) are still a little short on funds.

win
01-03-2011, 01:50 PM
On the first visit an issue with the auxiliary power motor on North Lynx was identified. This was fixed and the lift has passed inspection. The system works.

summitchallenger
01-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Thanks Win. I was :shock: to hear this news in the Herald.

With regards to the GMVS Poma, it looks like they are raising money to put in another Poma. (http://www.gmvsskiclub.org/pomaliftaddition.html) It would run from the GMVS Lodge to the base of the current Poma.

Plowboy
01-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Thanks Win. I was :shock: to hear this news in the Herald.

With regards to the GMVS Poma, it looks like they are raising money to put in another Poma. (http://www.gmvsskiclub.org/pomaliftaddition.html) It would run from the GMVS Lodge to the base of the current Poma.

8) Great idea.....I read the permit that was stapled to the ME sign last fall. Thought it was to replace it......Adding the second one will be key on wind and or race days

summitchallenger
01-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Maybe folks who read this board can help GMVS out.

djd66
01-03-2011, 06:10 PM

I saw all those orange cones too,... (and I think they used orange tape on some of the chairs) any chance SB will spring for for new slats on the VHD? Watching broken chairs going past me and my daughter all week didn't make mee feel too good about that chair.