PDA

View Full Version : Record-breaking day?

slatham
01-01-2011, 04:23 PM
This is a rumor with a capital R - but I heard that Thursday 12/30 broke some sort of record at Sugarbush? Seemed very busy and it was obviously a gorgeous day, so I can believe it was up there in attendance. Anyone have any facts (WIN?).

BTW, Farmhouse and School House and new plaza are beautiful - very well done and receptive. Fireworks last night were great. Skiing was awesome, even if the great blizzard hit with only wind (payback will be a blast.....). Win and crew doing a great job.

THINK SNOW :D

summitchallenger
01-01-2011, 05:15 PM
I'd believe it. Mount Ellen was packed yesterday. They were parked all the way down. Lines for the Summit Quad were 5-7 minutes. Lines on other lifts varied. The trails were not too bad.

HowieT2
01-01-2011, 06:18 PM
I'd believe it. Mount Ellen was packed yesterday. They were parked all the way down. Lines for the Summit Quad were 5-7 minutes. Lines on other lifts varied. The trails were not too bad.

didnt seem crowded to me. no line at the gmx or nrx. skiing was great.

win
01-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were very good days. Not record which normally would occur President's Week, but very good for Christmas week. Once both Heaven's Gate and North Lynx lifts were opened, the lines were minimal at Bravo and Gate House. Those two upper mountain lifts really disperse the crowds. We will be making snow tonight on Birch and Sunrise nd for a couple of days to get that area open again after our thaw of last night. Then over to Snowball and Racer's Edge to get them open and them some touch ups Mid-Mountain. By next weekend we should have nice conditions on all the snowmaking trails. At ME we are back on Inverness to finish it off and then to Cliffs and touch-ups on some of the other trails which got thin the past couple of days.

kcyanks1
01-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Getting a bit off-topic, but Win - thanks for keeping all the natural trails open on Friday at North, despite the thin coverage. I very much appreciate how you let us decide whether we want to risk ruining our skis down an obstacle course, rather than making the decision for us :-) Hopefully snow will come soon and it can all be open with full coverage!

summitchallenger
01-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Thanks Win. It will be great to get Cliffs back and to have some snow on the other runs to patch things up. Any thoughts on blowing snow on Exterminator to get it back up and going?