PDA

View Full Version : re: snow reporting

HowieT2
12-07-2010, 08:14 AM
stowe 16", kmart 12" and sb 6"???? 10" in fayston but only 6" up top. fook the heck.
im not complaining because the snow is there, but this is just ridiculous. all good being conservative and all but when you get to the point that the reporting is unbelievable, it is worthless.

Treeskier
12-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Mad River is reporting 10-15 very light fluffy stuff

win
12-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Guys. It is what it is. This storm is putting more on the Western Slopes of the Greens and there is more the more north you go. We report what we measure, not what we hope for. Our groomer call in the early report and then it is updated by patrol when they get out. It is a very light snow so great on top of snowmaking but not great for base building. The wind is also causing some drifts. However, it looks like we will continue to accumulate over the next couple of days and then there is another storm system shaping up for Sunday which might bring a heavier snow. That is what we ideally want this time of year. Off for a couple of turns in the powder!

random_ski_guy
12-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Win, dont get testy on us buddy! :o

Tree's just a bit fustrated..... anyhow, we'll all gladly take the snow. Like you said, hopefully that next storm brings a heavy snow for base building.

win
12-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Just did a couple of runs on Ripcord. Pretty sweet! Updated snow report is 12" at the summit overnight and it is still snowing.

HowieT2
12-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Just did a couple of runs on Ripcord. Pretty sweet! Updated snow report is 12" at the summit overnight and it is still snowing.

That's what I'm talking about!
12" makes sense.
Nothing like a foot of fluff to make everyone happy.

Xskier
12-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Any chance the reports can include a range between top and bottom so we really know what the mountain looks like? That has always been a bit frustrating for me. Thanks!

win
12-07-2010, 12:08 PM
We do report top, mid and bottom.

djd66
12-07-2010, 12:22 PM

Tree's just a bit fustrated..... anyhow, we'll all gladly take the snow. Like you said, hopefully that next storm brings a heavy snow for base building.

Guys,.... chill out! He's only reporting what is on the ground. I appreciate the honesty rather than the B.S. you get from most other areas. Bottom line, we need some heavy base building snow, hopefully we will get this on SUnday/Monday.

random_ski_guy
12-07-2010, 12:33 PM

Guys,.... chill out! He's only reporting what is on the ground. I appreciate the honesty rather than the B.S. you get from most other areas. Bottom line, we need some heavy base building snow, hopefully we will get this on SUnday/Monday.

I was trying to have fun...maybe it didnt translate.

win
12-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Wasn't meant to sound testy - just explaining how we do it. There probably was an inch or two more at MRG this morning based on how the snow was coming in. Hinesburg on the West side of the MTN probably got even more. Bottom line: it is sweet up here!

Tin Woodsman
12-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Wasn't meant to sound testy - just explaining how we do it. There probably was an inch or two more at MRG this morning based on how the snow was coming in. Hinesburg on the West side of the MTN probably got even more. Bottom line: it is sweet up here!

I'll bet the top half of ME is looking deep this morning.

atkinson
12-07-2010, 01:43 PM
This is for Tin, who always wants something else.

Click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYok9ZJrtvs) for extreme jealousy-inducing powder footage.

John

random_ski_guy
12-07-2010, 01:56 PM
I saw the video moments ago. Sweet and to the point...all ice cold fluff. Nice. Thanks for posting.

Hawk
12-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Sweet. Good work John. Reminds me of this weekend at Crystal... :lol: But that is a way different topic.

Gonna be a great weekend. See you there!

Tin Woodsman
12-07-2010, 02:43 PM

Click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYok9ZJrtvs) for extreme jealousy-inducing powder footage.

John

Looks awesome.

Good thing Win didn't listen to those who already thought SB was "good enough" when he bought the place.

sgottmann
12-07-2010, 03:10 PM

John

Jealous indeed. I can only hope it continues to pile up until the weekend. Doesn't anybody work anymore or is everyone else smart enought to get a job for the Mountain? I need a prescription because my powder flu is is acting up. Enjoy it while it lasts!

HowieT2
12-07-2010, 04:19 PM
fook that looks good!
Thanks John.

Strat
12-07-2010, 04:29 PM

John

Ohhh wow. So bummed I'm not there right now. Home in 10 days, but I'm sure the weather pattern will be a little different then...

Xskier
12-09-2010, 10:05 AM
We do report top, mid and bottom.

Really? Where can it be found? I sometimes see it in the full trail report description but its not consistent. I usually have to go over to the madriver web site where they post a range. For example for today they have 2-4" which is pretty quick and easy to understand.