PDA

View Full Version : New Pub?

skierdon
12-06-2010, 01:49 PM
I overheard a new pub will be opening in the old Phoenix location? Is that right? Any detail on it, opening date, etc?

noski
12-06-2010, 02:13 PM
No details, but your info is fairly accurate- meaning I have heard the same. Let me dig around some more.

teleo
12-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Yes, over t-day weekend I saw a sign saying the Pine Hill Pub will be opening soon, and the real-estate for sale sign was no longer on it.

Heard a rumored Dec 11 or 18th target opening and something about a group led by someone who used to work at CRP.

The sign was there, rest is all rumor.

skiladi
12-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Yes, over t-day weekend I saw a sign saying the Pine Hill Pub will be opening soon, and the real-estate for sale sign was no longer on it.

Heard a rumored Dec 11 or 18th target opening and something about a group led by someone who used to work at CRP.

I think it is Pine Tree , not hill and Paul will still be at CRP on occasion. Two other partners involved. It's gonna be GOOD!

ski_resort_observer
12-07-2010, 05:51 PM

I think it is Pine Tree , not hill and Paul will still be at CRP on occasion. Two other partners involved. It's gonna be GOOD!

It is Pine Tree Pub and both Paul and Jason "pizza man" will be working over there. They will be missed but on the other hand they didn't go far. Paul is uber excited about this new opportunity and suspect they will open with an instant local following plus it's the perfect time to open. Another new pub just opened up at the Bridges and the pic I saw had our own noski and hubby featured so I'm hopeing she can provide a first person account of the place.

noski
12-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Thanks, S_R_O: Topspin Tavern is located in the cafe section at The Bridges. It will be open to the public beginning 12/26, and then weekend evening apres ski. They have Switchback on tap, other local brews by the bottle, pub type foods (poppers, wontons, bar mix, etc). They had a live band in there at their preview opening and I think that will be ongoing. Low key vibe, good for relaxing and reliving the day's runs.

villager
12-19-2010, 05:33 PM
We went to Pine Tree on Saturday night - called first to make sure they were open. They were having a "soft opening", small menu, cash only, but there was a good crowd and both the reggae band and the service at the bar was excellent. Then we stopped and got slices at Pizza Soul, a new pizza place next to Dino's. Wow the village is really thriving these days!