PDA

View Full Version : Only at Sugarbush...Ripcord Opens with walking :)

Treeskier
12-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Only at Sugarbush could the MT open Ripcord and know everyone would be happy to walk out from it.

They blew some of the best snow I've seen in a while. The new HKD snow guns and great weather sure worked out well.

Funny, bumped into Win last night and and asked if the Ripcord would be open. he said he suspected not, the MT had decided to move the arsenal to blanket lower MT so to open top to bottom ASAP. (good global plan) But hats off to Chad for skiing Ripcord to learn that it had enough snow to open, if the Sugarbush Skiers would be willing to hike out. His hunch was right! In fact he then instructed the Ski Patrolers in training to fill spare rescue sleds with snow and fill in the water bars. Great thinking! Ski patrol thanks for going the extra mile.

This what makes Sugarbush exceed expectations at time! Good job to all! and Thanks!

Now back to my snow dance and hopefully we can be one of the first with a natural trail.....Spillsville..?

ski_it
12-05-2010, 10:55 PM
there were a lot of smiles today with Ripcord opening. It skied beautifully with some really great, dry manmade snow.

many, many thanks to Patrol for the hard work sledding snow into the water bars on the runout. I don't think anyone minded a little walking, and it was really cool to see such enthusiastic effort by Patrol to make that situation even better.

Thank you and think snow!

Brew Ski
12-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Those tower snow guns really make a great snow product. Dry fluffy snow blanketed Ripcord and it skied really well.That was a great treat yesterday considering the fresh snow didn't materialize as hoped. The snow on ripcord really felt natural, it bumped up nice and had good coverage.

The walk over to OG was flat and really went quick. It didn't reduce my stoke at all. Patrol put in a lot of labor to move snow pack to the walking trail. A great effort. Thank you.

I wonder why they just didn't put the black foam that they cover the lift tower bases with across the water bars and then cover those with a bit of snow, it would have saved an awful lot of woman and man power hauling snow. And don't they have ATV's for pulling things? I mean really, they made a great effort to move snow, why wouldn't someone just drive up one of the ATV's and use that to tow a sled of snow and save the patrollers backs? Don't get me wrong, I very much appreciated the effort, but it seems that there was a smarter way to achieve the same goal without the back breaking work of a dozen patrollers. Just saying.

Report from a friend in Stowe was that it was white out condition this morning as he was driving out of town. 3-4 inches on the ground already and no signs of slowing. Let's hope the "Lake effect" kicks in to really add to the totals at Sugarbush. Monday and I'm already looking forward to the next weekend. This "work thing" as got to go. I need more turns, more pow, and the unfettered joy of launching a big airplane turn down a steep mogul run in my new skis. Heavy Sigh....

Last thing. I'm very dissappointed that the CRP dropped that fabulous chicken thigh sandwich off the menu. That was by far the best item on the menu all summer and this fall. Very addicitve. Shawn tells me I have to wait for it to come back as a special of the day. Once you have that, you won't order anyting else. Maybe that is why they dropped it, too much of a good thing.

summitchallenger
12-06-2010, 10:33 AM
It did taste good, even with the short walk! Thanks!

HowieT2
12-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Those tower snow guns really make a great snow product. Dry fluffy snow blanketed Ripcord and it skied really well.That was a great treat yesterday considering the fresh snow didn't materialize as hoped. The snow on ripcord really felt natural, it bumped up nice and had good coverage.

The walk over to OG was flat and really went quick. It didn't reduce my stoke at all. Patrol put in a lot of labor to move snow pack to the walking trail. A great effort. Thank you.

I wonder why they just didn't put the black foam that they cover the lift tower bases with across the water bars and then cover those with a bit of snow, it would have saved an awful lot of woman and man power hauling snow. And don't they have ATV's for pulling things? I mean really, they made a great effort to move snow, why wouldn't someone just drive up one of the ATV's and use that to tow a sled of snow and save the patrollers backs? Don't get me wrong, I very much appreciated the effort, but it seems that there was a smarter way to achieve the same goal without the back breaking work of a dozen patrollers. Just saying.

Report from a friend in Stowe was that it was white out condition this morning as he was driving out of town. 3-4 inches on the ground already and no signs of slowing. Let's hope the "Lake effect" kicks in to really add to the totals at Sugarbush. Monday and I'm already looking forward to the next weekend. This "work thing" as got to go. I need more turns, more pow, and the unfettered joy of launching a big airplane turn down a steep mogul run in my new skis. Heavy Sigh....

Last thing. I'm very dissappointed that the CRP dropped that fabulous chicken thigh sandwich off the menu. That was by far the best item on the menu all summer and this fall. Very addicitve. Shawn tells me I have to wait for it to come back as a special of the day. Once you have that, you won't order anyting else. Maybe that is why they dropped it, too much of a good thing.

It was a special on sunday. had I known I would have tried it.

Brew Ski
12-06-2010, 02:13 PM
Sad. It figures the day I ski through lunch they put it up as the special. I guess I get to play hide and seek with the lunch special boards this winter.

MntMan4Bush
12-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Ripcord was a pleasant surprise. The snow and trail report that morning said the only two runs were Organgrinder and Jester just like Saturday, but the trail listing showed Ripcord as open. I had figured the trail listing was wrong and maybe it was just snow making, but was happy to see people skiing down as I was riding up. The snow quality was really good and it was fun getting some burn in the legs finally though having to make Jester my last run of the day was tough to do. I "accidentally" went down Ripcord a couple extra times when I meant to go home.